Dearraindrop is an artist collective based in Virginia Beach, Virginia. Dearraindrop incorporates diverse disciplines that work together to create multifaceted sculptures and installations. Part of the collective's operating philosophy is modeled on the idea that our greatest human capability is the ability to work together to achieve a greater goal. DEARRAINDROP's work incorporates painting, collage, video, large-scale, interactive installation pieces, and hand-fabricated musical instruments.
Joe Grillo and Laura Grant founded DEARRAINDROP in 1998 as a clothing line. The collective is currently composed of three artists: Joe Grillo, Laura Grant, and Billy Grant. In the past, Dearraindrop has worked with a digital electrician Owen Osborn Chris Kuscinski and painter Alika Herreshoff.
Selected Solo Exhibitions
Concrete Trees, Glass Grass, and Cream-filled Stones, Loyal Gallery, Stockholm, Sweden. Swedish rock band Träd, Gräs & Stenar performed live at the opening.
V-B, V1 Gallery, Copenhagen, Denmark.
W.Epaminondas Adrastus Blab, Katherine Mulherin Contemporary Art, Toronto, Canada
Selected group exhibitions
OFF/ON. Preface written by culture critic and curator Carlo McCormick.
Asidd Rainn LP
- Smith, Roberta (June 27, 2003). "Art in review; Dearraindrop -- 'Have a Nice Forever'". The New York Times. Retrieved September 9, 2018.
- "Kenny Scharf and DearRainDrop". The New Yorker. Retrieved September 9, 2018.
- Schambelan, Elizabeth. "Ed Wilcox and Dearraindrop". Artforum. Retrieved September 9, 2018.
- Laster, Paul (November 4, 2010). "Kenny Scharf and Dearraindrop's Hot Glue Hullabaloo". Flavorwire. Retrieved September 9, 2018.
- "Träd, Gräs & Stenar playing live at the Loyal Gallery, October 2006". Archived from the original on 2011-07-11. Retrieved 2008-12-06.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2009-02-16. Retrieved 2008-12-06.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)