Death Magic Doom
|Death Magic Doom|
|Studio album by Candlemass|
|Released||3 April 2009|
|Studio||Polar Studios, Stockholm, Sweden|
|Label||Nuclear Blast Records|
The working title for this album was "Hammer of Doom", which is the name of the album's second track, but the idea was abandoned due to there being a German festival of the same name. The band recorded it during the autumn of 2008, and was seeking a release on 27 March 2009. However, the album's release was delayed until 3 April 2009; the United States release date for this album was May 5, 2009.
The bonus track on the digipak edition, "Lucifer Rising", was taken from the EP Lucifer Rising, released six months before the album.
All songs written by Leif Edling.
- "If I Ever Die" - 4:54
- "Hammer of Doom" - 6:16
- "The Bleeding Baroness" - 7:19
- "Demon of the Deep" - 5:21
- "House of 1,000 Voices" - 7:49
- "Dead Angel" - 4:05
- "Clouds of Dementia" - 5:38
- "My Funeral Dreams" - 6:05
Digipak bonus track
- Lucifer Rising - 3:44
- Robert Lowe - vocals
- Leif Edling - bass
- Mats Björkman - rhythm guitar
- Lars Johansson - lead guitars
- Jan Lindh - drums
- CANDLEMASS: New Album Title, Track Listing Revealed - News @ blabbermouth.net
- Candlemass Reveals New Album Information @ elbo.ws
- Bowar, Chad. "Review: 'Death Magic Doom'". About.com. Retrieved 27 February 2010.
- Henderson, Alex. Death Magic Doom review allmusic.com. Retrieved on 2010-02-27.
- Bergman, Keith. "Review: Death Magic Doom". Blabbermouth.net. Archived from the original on 12 August 2010. Retrieved 27 February 2010.
- Lye, Andy. "Review: Death Magic Doom". Jukebox:Metal.com. Retrieved 6 April 2010.
- Candlemass - Finish Recording the New Album: news @ metalstorm.ee