|Music by||Kane & Abel|
|Distributed by||Spotlight Pictures|
Death Toll is a 2008 action film starring DMX, Lou Diamond Phillips, Alec Rayme, Leila Arcieri and Keshia Knight Pulliam, written and produced by Daniel Garcia and directed by Phenomenon. Filming was done in Louisiana in New Orleans and Baton Rouge.
A powerful drug dealer has taken control of New Orleans, but as the authorities scramble to stop the bloodshed things only get worse on the streets. "The Dog" (DMX) is a drug dealer who will stop at nothing to be the number one bad boy in the Big Easy. His ruthlessness is legendary, and his power far reaching. But the authorities are onto "The Dog," and now the time has come to put this pit-bull to sleep. Will they accomplish their mission before any more innocent lives are lost, or could it be that New Orleans' top dog is truly above the law?
- Lou Diamond Phillips as Mayor Padial
- DMX as The Dog
- Keshia Knight Pulliam as Mirie
- Leila Arcieri as Detective Bathgate
- Alec Rayme as Detective Coulon
- Daniel Garcia as Carmello
- Sleman Sol Virani as The Dominican
- Lisa Marie Dupree as Agent Manning
- Margo Swisher as AUSA Stone
- Oneal A. Isaac as Chief Newsome
- Gene Christensen as Councilmen McGraw
- Jeff Galpin as Special Agent Sax
Dutch language Cinemagazine spoke of the film sharing a great deal of violence, and expanded that the story was not as good as it might have been. A large cast and quick cuts between cast action sequences and a weak script marred the viewer's attention.
|This article about a 2000s action film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|