Death Valley Driver
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Death Valley Driver|
|Origin||Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada|
|Genres||Death 'n' roll, Sludge metal|
|Labels||Diminished Fifth Records (Canada)|
Ryan P Gallant
Death Valley Driver is a Canadian heavy metal band from Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, consisting of vocalist Dan Hodgson, Ryan P Gallant on drums, Jeremy Heisler on bass, and guitarists Ray Blacquiere and Nick Doucette.
Since forming in 2008, they have performed all over the Maritimes. In July 2011, the band was part of Rock The Hill 2011 festival in Halifax with Metallica, Coheed & Cambria, Seether, Protest The Hero, and Matt Mays. In October 2012 and October 2015, the band was part of Festival Envol et Macadam Festival in Quebec City. Other notable acts included Lagwagon, Rise Against, Millencolin, Big Wig, Mute, Of Mice And Men, August Burns Red, The Vandals, and Wintersleep.2015 Line Up In July 2012, the band was part of Spread the Metal Festival featuring Kataklysm, Morbid Angel, Cryptopsy, and Blackguard.
The band has also shared the stage with 3 Inches Of Blood, Goatwhore, Protest The Hero, Misery Index, Obscura and others. Their song "Sleeping All December" is being used as the entrance music for Ring of Honor tag team, The Briscoe Brothers.
Their first album, Choke The River was release April 5, 2011 on Diminished Fifth Records. It spent 18 weeks on the Earshot Loud charts, peaking at No. 3. It was recorded and engineered by David Rashed of the band Haywire. Their second album, Graveyard Dead, was released on June 4, 2013. It spent 2 weeks as the #1 album on the Earshot Loud charts in the summer of 2014. Carnivore's Oath was released on October 7, 2014. Their 3rd and most recent album "Carnivores Oath" Listen Here! was produced by PEI guitar player Colin Buchanan (of Paper Lions fame) and mastered by Juno nominee Dan Weston (City & Colour, Classified). A press release describes the new recording as showcasing the band's continued "growth with a larger focus on melody and songwriting, while retaining their heavy roots"
Blood Feud - Watch Here
Smoke Whip - Watch Here
Carnivores Oath - Watch Here
== Previous Members ==
Adam Praught - Bass
Ric Rumbolt - Bass
Trevor Richards - Guitar
Evan Gallant - Guitar
Alain Joseph Daigle - Drums
Nominations and awards
East Coast Music Awards (ECMA)
- 2011: Loud Recording Of The Year - Nominated
- 2014: Loud Recording Of the Year - Winner
PEI Music Awards
- 2011: Loud Recording Of The Year - Won
- 2011: Group Recording of the Year - Nominated
- 2011: Best New Artist - Nominated
- 2013: Rock Recording of the Year - Nominated
- 2015: Group Recording of the Year - Nominated
- "Charlottetown band to open for Metallica - Living". The Guardian. Retrieved 2013-07-23.
- "Line up 2012 - Festival". Envol et Macadam. Retrieved 2013-07-23.
- "Choke The River". Diminished Fifth Records. Retrieved May 19, 2015.
- "Graveyard Dead". Diminished Fifth Records. Retrieved May 19, 2015.
- "Carnivore's Oath". Diminished Fifth Records. Retrieved May 19, 2015.