Death Walks the Streets (comics)
|Death Walks the Streets|
Death Walks the Streets Issue #0
|Publisher||The Scream Factory|
|Publication date||June 2008 – present|
|Written by||James Zahn
Death Walks the Streets is a 2010 comic book limited series based on an unproduced screenplay for a film of the same title. The comic is a prequel, set three years prior to the timeline in the screenplay.
Death Walks the Streets was first released by The Scream Factory on June, 26 2008. Issue #0 was released in a standard, retail edition featuring a Werewolf cover, and a Wizard World Chicago 2008 convention exclusive, limited to 333 pieces. The Wizard World version was available at their Chicago event, which was held from June 26–29, 2008.
Further news arrived on October 31, as release plans for both digital and print editions of the title were announced.
On February 19, 2010, rumors began swirling that The Scream Factory had been reinstated after a cover for a new issue of Death Walks the Streets surfaced online bearing the company's trade dressing.
The return of The Scream Factory was confirmed on May 10, 2010 as Fearnet reported that the company had partnered with Panelfly to bring their comics into digital formats for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch.
Set three years before DWTS I, an Organization Soldier named Michael Labou leads a crew that includes his longtime friends Danielle and Malcolm. Charged with tracking down and capturing a person wanted by The Organization, it's anything but business as usual on the streets of New Marshall.
Vampires - Demons - Zombies - Werewolves - The Mob.
Ain't it Cool News stated that the zero issue contained "a pretty good story" along with "a great premise."  In regards to Issue #1 they said that "there’s something beneath the surface and just off in the periphery that oozes evil and the anticipation for the big satanic hoof to drop is palpable" along with declaring that "DEATH WALKS THE STREETS is a welcome addition to a line of comics that does printed horror right." 
The comic book is a prequel to a possible film.
Death Walks the Streets in popular culture
- "Scream Factory Titles Announced" Newsarama
- Death Walks the Streets in Comic Form Twitchfilm.net
- Scream Factory News Terrortube
- Retail Cover for DWTS Comic Horror-movies.ca
- Dread Central Exclusive Look at Death Walks the Streets #0, 19 June 2008
- Fangoria to Publish Comics Again Newsarama
- A Very Fangoria Halloween - Publisher Back from the Grave, October 31, 2008
- DWTS 1 Cover Art Revealed ReelComix
- Is the Scream Factory Back for Business? Archived 2010-02-23 at the Wayback Machine. Newsarama
- Take your iPhone to The Scream Factory FEARnet
- AICN review of Issue #0 Ain't it Cool News
- AICN review of Issue #1 Ain't it Cool News
- ThePullBox.com review of Issue #1 ThePullbox.com
- Death Walks the Streets at the Comic Book DB
- Official website
- Death Walks the Streets at ComicSpace
- Death Walks the Streets at Facebook
- James Zahn on Scream Factory's Death Walks the Streets, Newsarama, June 12, 2008
- Death Walks the Streets Issue 0 Review, Horror-movies.ca, July 11, 2008
- Issue 0 Convention Exclusive Review, Midnightsliceofpie.com, July 4, 2008
- Death Walks the Streets 0 Review, Flamesrising.com, July 3, 2008
- Death Walks the Streets #0, Thepullbox.com, June 30, 2008
- Death Walks the Streets Issue #1 Cover Art, Reelcomix.com, July 6, 2008