Death in office
A death in office is the death of a person who was incumbent of an office-position until the time of death. Such deaths have been usually due to natural causes, but they are also caused by accidents and murders.
Most office positions require that the person is constantly competent in performing the associated duties, and as such, deaths in office are usually premature deaths.
Heads of state and government
- Aleksandr Lebed, governor of Krasnoyarsk Krai, died in a helicopter crash in 2002
- Igor Farkhutdinov, governor of Sakhalin, died in a helicopter crash in 2003
- Mikhail Yevdokimov, governor of Altai, died in a car accident in 2005
- Valentin Tsvetkov, governor of Magadan region, killed in 2002
Northern Rhodesia governor(s)
- Martin Sylvester (January 2013). "Governor of Northern Rhodesia 5 May 1938 – 9 April 1941". martinsylvester.com/. Retrieved 2016-10-03.
|This article about politics is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This death-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|