|Birth name||Helge Sten|
January 26, 1971|
|Genres||Dark ambient, drone, ambient|
|Instruments||Magnetic tape machines, theremin, sampler, various homemade electronics, guitar|
|Labels||Rune Grammofon, dBUT Records, Metal Art Disco|
|Associated acts||Supersilent, Motorpsycho, Biosphere|
Sten began creating music under this name starting in 1991, culminating with a box set of most of his recorded work being released in 2004. Simply titled Deathprod, the collection contains three albums along with a bonus disc of previously unreleased, rare, and deleted tracks.
On recordings, Sten is usually credited with "Audio Virus", a catchall term for "homemade electronics, old tape echo machines, ring modulators, filters, theremins, samplers and lots of electronic stuff."
Sten also did the mixing of the album "PB" by the Norwegian artist Per Bergersen.
Sten is a member of Supersilent and works as a producer on many releases on the Norwegian label Rune Grammofon. He has also produced Motorpsycho and has worked with Biosphere on an Arne Nordheim tribute album called Nordheim Transformed.
- Deathprod, self-released demo tape
- Treetop Drive 1–3, Towboat (1994), Metal Art Disco
- Imaginary Songs from Tristan da Cunha (1996), dBUT Records
- Nordheim Transformed (with Biosphere) (1998), Rune Grammofon
- Morals and Dogma (2004), Rune Grammofon
- Deathprod (2004), Rune Grammofon
- 6-track 10" remix album (2006), Rune Grammofon
|This article about a Norwegian musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|