Curri with Vorskla Poltava in March 2010
|Full name||Debatik Curri|
|Date of birth||28 December 1983|
|Place of birth||Pristina, SFR Yugoslavia|
|Height||1.89 m (6 ft 2 in)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
From 2006 to 2015 he was also part of Albania national team, collecting 44 appearances and scoring once. He began his career as a defensive midfielder, but his position was changed to a centre back when he joined the Albania national team in 2006.
- 1 Club career
- 2 International career
- 3 Style of play
- 4 Career statistics
- 5 Honours
- 6 References
- 7 External links
Curri began his professional career with Prishtina.
After he prematurely ended his contract with FC Hoverla Uzhhorod, where he had a deal until 2015, he returned to Ukrainian Premier League on 18 January 2014, signing with Sevastopol, joining Besart Ibraimi, an Albanian from Macedonia. After some games as an unused substitute, he made his debut on 29 March 2014 against Karpaty Lviv, playing a full 90 minutes in a match which finished in a goalless draw. For the next fixture match, a week later on 4 April 2014, Curri played another full 90-minutes against his former team for 5 consecutive seasons Vorskla Poltava, which finished in a 1–0 victory. He became a regular starter in the team as he continued by playing the entire match against Tavriya Simferopol on 17 April 2014, a match that ended in the 0–2 victory.
At the begging of the summer transfers window for 2014, numerous Albanian clubs, such as Flamurtari Vlorë and Tirana showed interest in signing Curri, who was a free agent. Initially, Tirana withdrew due to the financial requests of Curri. However, on 27 July, Tirana agreed terms with Curri to sign with them.
He made it his debut on 24 August 2014, playing the full 90-minutes against Apolonia Fier, in the opening day of 2014–15 season, winning the match 3–0. He scored his first goal on 14 September 2014, to give his team the 2–1 victory by scoring at the end of stoppage time, in the 90+3' minute against Elbasani. On 18 October 2014 Curri scored his second goal for Tirana, scoring against Kukësi, after he noticed the wrong placement of goalkeeper Argjent Halili, and taking a shot from the midfield.
He remained in Albania after his contract with Tirana had expired, as he signed a one-year contract with Flamurtari Vlorë with the option of a further year. On 10 August, during the training session in Slovenia, Curri suffered a bone-breaking in the calf below the knee on the right leg after a collision with Bruno Telushi, thus keeping him sidlined for the next three months.
On 14 June 2016, Curri returned to Kosovo to join his first club Prishtina, signing a one-year contract, taking the vacant squad number 6. He was presented on the same day along with players such as Ahmed Januzi and Armend Dallku, his former international teammates. Curri made his official debut with the club on 13 August in the Kosovan Supercup, where Prishtina beat 1–0 Feronikeli to win the first silverware of the season. He made his league debut on 19 August in the opening league match against Llapi, playing full-90 minutes in a 3–1 home success. He scored his first goal of the season on 24 September against Feronikeli, the lone goal of the match which allowed Prishtina to take the first spot in the league. Five days later he scored another matchwinner, this time against Ferizaj to give Prishtina another three points to extend the league lead. He played 28 matches and scored twice as Prishtina finished runner-up in the championship.
Curri made it his international debut with Albania national team on 22 March 2006 by playing in starting line up under the coach Otto Barić in a goalless draw against Georgia, where he completed the first half and was substituted by Klodian Duro at the half-time. Curri scored his first goal for his national team on 11 October 2006 against Netherlands in the UEFA Euro 2008 qualification finished in the 2–1 loss in where Curri scored in the 64th minute the match closing goal.
In the 2010 FIFA World Cup qualification, under a new coach Arie Haan, Curri was ever-presented, playing every minute of all 10 matches of the Group 1. He formed the duo-centerbacks partnership with Lorik Cana mostly and a few times with his teammate at Vorskla Poltava, Armend Dallku and once with Elvin Beqiri. Albania was ranked in the 5th place behind of Denmark, Portugal, Sweden, Hungary and only above Malta, by where collected 1 win, 4 draws and 6 goals for, 13 goal against.
In the UEFA Euro 2012 qualifying Curri played just four out of ten matches, all as a starter, in which he was substituted off just once. He mostly wasn't available for selection by the coach Josip Kuže due to injuries. For the 2014 FIFA World Cup qualification Curri was called up to participate in five of the eight matches, in which he had game time just twice, as this time the new Albania coach Gianni De Biasi had created a strongly duo-partnership in defense with Captain of the national team Lorik Cana and Mërgim Mavraj.
Curri was an unused substitute in the opening match of the UEFA Euro 2016 qualifying against Portugal on 7 September 2014. He played as a substitute in the 2nd Group I match against Denmark on 11 October 2014. Curri officially announced his retirement from Albania against Kosovo.
On 21 May 2014 Curri played for his original country's birthplace, Kosovo, a full 90-minutes match against Turkey finished in the 1–6 home loss at the Olympic Stadium Adem Jashari, Mitrovica, Kosovo.
Style of play
Curri is considered a defensive all-rounder, as he can be deployed in any defensive position. Curri's main playing position is as a centre back, but he can also be deployed as right or left-sided full-back and also as a defensive midfielder. He played in that position in his early days with Albania national team before converting into a centre back, forming a partnership with Lorik Cana.
|Prishtina||2001–02||Football Superleague of Kosovo||14||0||0||0||—||14||0|
|Vorskla Poltava||2004–05||Ukrainian Premier League||14||1||0||0||—||14||1|
|Hoverla Uzhhorod||2013–14||Ukrainian Premier League||5||0||0||0||—||5||0|
|Sevastopol||2013–14||Ukrainian Premier League||7||0||0||0||—||7||0|
|Flamurtari Vlorë||2015–16||Albanian Superliga||8||0||1||0||—||9||0|
|Prishtina||2016–17||Football Superleague of Kosovo||28||2||2[c]||0||—||30||2|
- As of match played 16 November 2015. Albania score listed first, score column indicates score after each Curri goal.
|1||11 October 2006||Amsterdam Arena, Amsterdam, Netherlands||4||Netherlands||1–2||1–2||UEFA Euro 2008 qualifying|
- Vorskla Poltava
- Kosovar Supercup: 2016
- "Albania and Georgia national football teams played to a 0:0 draw". EU-Football.info. 22 March 2006. Retrieved 27 September 2016.
- Kel Naraci (16 May 2010). "Debatik Curri 3 vjet kontrate me Gençlerbirligi" (in Albanian). Albaniasoccer.com. Retrieved 16 May 2010.
- "Debatik Curri rikthehet ne Ukraine" (in Albanian). aSport.al. 23 July 2013. Retrieved 23 July 2013.
- "Curri rikthehet në Ukrainë, firmos me Sevastopol" (in Albanian). aSport.al. 18 January 2016. Retrieved 29 September 2016.
- Leonard Karaj (4 July 2014). "Tirana sfidon vlonjatët për Debatik Currin, lojtari në dilemë. Malaj vishet bardheblu". Panorama Sport (in Albanian). Retrieved 4 July 2014.
- "Klubi hoqi dorë se Curri donte 110 mijë euro". Panorama Sport (in Albanian). 24 July 2014. Retrieved 24 July 2014.
- "Debatik Curri lojtari me i ri i Tirones". Super Sport Albania (in Albanian). 27 July 2014. Archived from the original on 14 August 2014. Retrieved 27 July 2014.
- "Tirana vs. Apolonia Fier 3 – 0". Soccerway. 24 August 2014. Retrieved 24 August 2015.
- Adela Merko (25 August 2014). ""Fluturon" Tirana, gola dhe spektakël ndaj Apolonisë. Magani: S'duhet të shpërdoronim". Panorama Sport (in Albanian). Retrieved 25 August 2014.
- "Fitore me drithërima, Tirana i falet Currit. Magani: E merituam, fitorja na ngjiti të parët". Panorama Sport (in Albanian). 12 September 2014. Retrieved 12 September 2014.
- Adela Merko (20 October 2014). "Fitore me supergola, Tirana merr kreun". Panorama Sport (in Albanian). Retrieved 20 October 2014.
- "Tirana mund Kukësin dhe ngjitet në krye" (in Albanian). aSport.al. 18 October 2014. Retrieved 18 October 2014.
Në minutat e mbetura Kukësi e humbet qetësinë, ndërsa Tirana arrin të mbyllë llogaritë me një gol të rrallë, të denjë për të mbetur në histori. Debatik Curri, pasi sheh daljen e portierit Halilaj, gjuan drejpërdrejt në portë nga mesi i fushës. Trajektoria nuk kontrollohet dot nga portieri vlonjat, që thjesht e devijon paksa topin por pa mundur të shmangë golin e 3-1.
- "Flamurtari zyrtarizon Currin, Miliev s'e pranon provën!". Sport Ekspres (in Albanian). 21 July 2015. Retrieved 21 July 2015.
- Rinald Bregasi (10 August 2016). "Debatik Curri, 3 muaj jashtë fushës së blertë" [Debatik Curri, 3 months out of action]. SuperSport Albania (in Albanian). Retrieved 29 September 2016.
- "Prishtina me lojtarë me karrierë ndërkombëtare" [Prishtina with players with international careers] (in Albanian). Telegraf.al. 14 June 2016. Retrieved 27 September 2016.
- "Prishtina e ka seriozisht, afron tre ish-lojtarë të Shqipërisë" [Prishtina is serious, approaches three ex-players of Albania]. Panorama Sport (in Albanian). 14 June 2016. Retrieved 27 September 2016.
- "Kosovë / Prishtina e Dallkut dhe Currit fiton Superkupën" [Kosovo / Prishtina of Dallku and Curri wins the Supercup]. Panorama Sport (in Albanian). 13 August 2016. Retrieved 27 September 2016.
- "Java I: Prishtina – Llapi 3:1" [Week I: Prishtina – Llapi 3:1] (in Albanian). PrishtinaFC. 19 August 2016. Retrieved 27 September 2016.
- "Java VI: Feronikeli – Prishtina 0:1" [Week VI: Feronikeli – Prishtina 0:1] (in Albanian). PrishtinaFC. 24 September 2016. Retrieved 27 September 2016.
- "Java VII: Prishtina – Ferizaj 1-0" [Week VII: Prishtina – Ferizaj 1-0] (in Albanian). PrishtinaFC. 29 September 2016. Retrieved 27 September 2016.
- "Dy gola – gjashtë pikë: Debatik Curri" [Two goals – six points: Debatik Curri] (in Albanian). PrishtinaFC. 29 September 2016. Retrieved 27 September 2016.
- "Java XXXIII: Drenica – Prishtina 1-3" [WEEK XXXIII: Drenica – Prishtina 1-3] (in Albanian). Prishtina FC. 28 May 2017. Retrieved 28 May 2017.
- "Stats for Albania vs. Holland". Soccerbase. 11 June 2006. Archived from the original on 2 February 2009. Retrieved 26 June 2010.
- "Summary – WC Qualification Europe – Europe – Results, fixtures, tables and news". Soccerway. Retrieved 30 October 2017.
- "Dallku e Curri përshëndeten nga Kombëtarja" [Dallku and Curri greeted by national team] (in Albanian). Telegraf.al. 13 November 2015. Retrieved 13 November 2015.
- "International Friendly: Kosovo 1 Turkey 6". Sportal.co.nz. 21 May 2014. Retrieved 27 September 2016.
- "Debatik Curri" (in Albanian). Prishtina FC. Retrieved 2 November 2017.
- "Cana e Curri në mbrojtje ndaj rumunëve" [Cana and Curri on defence against Romanians]. Gazeta Express (in Albanian). 31 May 2014. Retrieved 2 November 2017.
- "Dëmtohet Curri, sërish bosh vendi i kapitenit Cana" [Curri injured, captain Cana's place is absent]. Sport Process (in Albanian). 5 June 2013. Retrieved 2 November 2017.
- "Debatik Curri". Prishtina FC. Retrieved 2 November 2017.
- "Albania – D. Curri – Profile with news, career statistics and history". Soccerway. Retrieved 2 November 2017.
- "Debatik Curri". National Football Teams. Benjamin Strack-Zimmerman. Retrieved 2 November 2017.
- "Debatik Curri – national football team player". EU-Football.info. Retrieved 27 September 2016.