This article does not cite any sources. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Debbarma-Tiprasa is a generic term applied to a number of ethnic groups, predominantly in Tripura state, India, speaking Tibeto-Burman languages or claiming a common ancestry. Debbarma language, one of the languages spoken by this group.
Debbarma is the surname of Tripuri Clan from tripura or the title generally used by the Kokborok-speaking (Tibeto-Burmese) Tripuri people, the indigenous people of Tripura, a state in India. This is one of the cases where use of a surname reflects ethnic or community membership. The Debbarmas are the majority communities of a state called tripura till the Princely state tripura merged with Indian territory.
The variations of "Debbarma" include Debbarma, Deb Barma, Deb Burman, Dev Burman, Dev Barma, Dev Varman and Devvarman.
- Tiprasa - Debbarma,Tripura, Jamatia, Bru (Reangs), Mogs, Uchai,Kuki,Noatia, Kalai, Halam, Rupini, Murasing,Roaza, Hrangkhawl, Kaipeng etc.
- Bir Bikram Kishore Debbarma 1908–1947, one of the last Kings of Tripuri.
- Sachin Dev Burman, Bollywood composer and singer.
- Rahul Dev Burman, Bollywood composer and singer.
- Sourabhee Debbarma, First female Indian idol winner, TV performer and singer.
- Somdev Devvarman, Indian tennis player
|This surname-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|