|This article does not cite any sources. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Debbarma is the surname of Tripuri Clan from tripura or the title generally used by the Kokborok-speaking (Tibeto-Burmese) Borok (Tripuri) people, the indigenous people of Tripura, a state in India. This is one of the cases where use of a surname reflects ethnic or tribal membership. The Debbarmas are the majority communities of a state called tripura till the Princely state tripura merged with Indian territory.
The variations of "Debbarma" include:
- Deb Barma
- Kirit Pradyot Deb Barma of the Tripuri Royal family
- Bir Bikram Kishore Debbarma 1908–1947, one of the last Kings of Tripuri
- Sachin Dev Burman, Bollywood composer and singer
- Rahul Dev Burman, Bollywood composer and singer
- Dasarath Debbarma, the only Borok Chief minister of Tripura since the kingdom joined in Indian territory.
- Somdev Devvarma, Indian tennis player
- Aloy Deb Barma, Indian mixed martial artist
- Sourabhee Debbarma, first female Indian idol winner, TV performer and singer
- Manasi Debbarma, Indian Badminton player
|This surname-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|