Location in Antarctica
|Location||Marguerite Bay, Antarctica|
|Major islands||Ann Island
|Administered under the Antarctic Treaty System|
The Debenham Islands are a group of islands and rocks lying between Millerand Island and the west coast of Graham Land. The Debenham Islands were discovered and named by the British Graham Land Expedition (BGLE) (1934–37) under John Riddoch Rymill; the BGLE base was on Barry Island, in the center of the group, during part of this time. They were named for Frank Debenham, who served as a member of the BGLE Advisory Committee.
- Composite Antarctic Gazetteer
- List of Antarctic islands south of 60° S
- Scientific Committee on Antarctic Research
- Territorial claims in Antarctica
- This article incorporates public domain material from the United States Geological Survey document "Debenham Islands" (content from the Geographic Names Information System).
|This Fallières Coast location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|