|Born||Deborah Ann Purcell
Huntington Beach, California,
|Height||5 ft 7 in (1.70 m)|
|Weight||135 lb (61 kg; 9.6 st)|
|Fighting out of||Laguna Niguel, California|
|Team||Ruas Vale Tudo|
|Rank||Black Belt in Ruas Vale Tudo
Black Belt in Taekwondo
Black Belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
|Mixed martial arts record|
|Mixed martial arts record from Sherdog|
Purcell was involved in cheerleading, dance and competitive gymnastics throughout her early teens. She later quit gymnastics and took up Martial Arts. At the age of 17, she was introduced to Tae Kwon Do and this later introduced her to kickboxing, boxing and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
She is actively involved in supporting women's MMA, having set up Fightergirls.com and the WMAA (Women's Martial Arts Association), along with being a world-class competitor herself. Purcell also started Fightergirls, her own extremely successful women's fitness and MMA apparel line, in which she designs every piece personally.
Purcell currently fights for women to be on the UFC and also women rights
- First woman to headline the worlds first female MMA card HOOKnSHOOT
- First woman to ever compete and win in King of the Cage
- "Ultimate Wrestling" world Title Belt Holder
- Hook-N-Shoot Revolution Winner, 2002
- Headliner on the first ever all-women No Holds Barred (NHB) card in United States history
- "Ultimate Wrestling" Minnesota Winner and champion belt holder
- Black Belt in Ruas Vale Tudo (only female in the world)
- Black Belt in Taekwondo
- Only female coach in IFL history
- Current CEO of www.fightergirls.com the worlds first female mixed martial arts website and store founded in May 2001
- One of the first pioneers for Women's MMA
- Built the first and original women's MMA website Fightergirls.com
- Original founder of all women's mma clothing and gear
Mixed martial arts record
|Professional record breakdown|
|6 matches||4 wins||2 losses|
|Loss||4-2||Rosi Sexton||Decision (Split)||ShoXC: Hamman vs. Suganuma 2||August 15, 2008||3||3:00||Friant, California|
|Loss||4-1||Hitomi Akano||Decision (Unanimous)||Smackgirl - Advent of Goddess||February 15, 2006||2||5:00||Tokyo, Japan|
|Win||4-0||Nicole Albrect||Decision (Unanimous)||KOTC 17 - Nuclear Explosion||October 19, 2002||2||5:00||San Jacinto, California|
|Win||3-0||Amy Pitan||TKO (Punches)||UW - Ultimate Wrestling||June 29, 2002||1||1:41||Minneapolis, Minnesota|
|Win||2-0||Christine Van Fleet||Submission (Rear-Naked Choke)||HOOKnSHOOT - Revolution||April 13, 2002||1||2:42||Evansville, Indiana|
|Win||1-0||Amber Mosely||TKO (Punches)||UW - Street Fight Minnesota||September 30, 2001||1||1:16||Saint Paul, Minnesota|
- "Debi Purcell Awakening Profile". Awakeningfighters.com. Retrieved 2014-02-27.
- "Marriage Record". Aivitals.co.clark.nv.us. 2011-05-14. Archived from the original on 2011-08-11. Retrieved 2011-05-14.
- "MMA woman takes her fight to Irvine". OCREGISTER.com. 2010-07-09. Retrieved 2010-07-10.
- "Debi Purcell FighterGirls Founder". FIGHTERGIRLS.com. 2010-07-10. Retrieved 2010-07-10.
- "Debi Purcell Signs With Elite XC". FIGHTERGIRLS.com. 2008-05-07. Retrieved 2010-06-28.
- "Hamman Exacts ShoXC Revenge". SHERDOG.com. 2008-08-16. Retrieved 2010-02-12.
- "Purcell/Assumpcao Marriage Luta Livre + BJJ = Love". Fightergirls.com. 2009-07-20. Retrieved 2009-07-24.
- "Debi Purcell on Gina Carano - "I just wish she'd make weight and fight me."". MMAYOU.com. 2008-05-31. Archived from the original on January 5, 2009. Retrieved 2008-07-17.
- L.A. Jennings. "She's a Knockout!: A History of Women in Fighting Sports". Books.google.co.uk. p. 134. Retrieved 2016-03-28.
- "Purcell 'Rosy' Fight Will Transpire". SHERDOG.com. 2008-08-15. Retrieved 2010-02-12.
- "Debi Purcell to Appear on VH1's "Celebrity Fit Club"". FIGHTERGIRLS.com. 2010-02-19. Retrieved 2010-06-28.