|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (August 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Initial release||May 21, 2013|
|Latest release||2015 / April 25, 2015|
|Update method||APT (several front-ends available)|
|Default user interface||IceWM|
|License||Free software (mainly GPL). Proprietary software in a separate (non-default) repository.|
Debian GNU/Hurd has been in development since 1998, and made a formal release in May 2013, with 78% of the software packaged for Debian GNU/Linux ported to the GNU Hurd. The Debian GNU/Hurd developers were hoping to be able to release it with Debian "Wheezy" in 2013. However, Hurd is not yet an official Debian release, and is maintained and developed as an unofficial port.
According to the GNU/Hurd compatibility guide, the current version is compatible with laptops but there is no PCMCIA support yet.
Debian GNU/Hurd is distributed as an installer CD (running the official Debian installer) or ready-to-run virtual disk image (Live CD, Live USB). The CD uses the IA-32 architecture, making it compatible with IA-32 and x86-64 PCs.
The current version of Debian GNU/Hurd is 2015, published in April 2015.
- "News about Debian GNU/Hurd". Archived from the original on 2015-04-29.
- "License information". Debian. Retrieved 2009-02-28.
- "Debian - Packages". Debian. See non-free repository
- "email@example.com is up!" (Mailing list). Retrieved 10 September 2009.
- "A comparison between Debian GNU/hurd and Debuan Gnu/kFreeBSD". Retrieved 23 November 2015.
- "2011-q2 – GNU Hurd news". Retrieved 15 August 2011.
- "Debian GNU/Hurd project page". Retrieved 15 August 2011.
- "2013-q2 – Debian news". Retrieved 6 May 2013.
- The Linux documentation project. "Debian GNU/Hurd (hurd-i386)". Retrieved 23 November 2015.
- Debian GNU/Hurd home page
- Install CD images
- GNU/Hurd Plans For A Future With USB, SATA, 64-Bit (and a possible official Debian GNU/Hurd release in the future)
|This free-software-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|