|Founded||Lausanne, Switzerland (1979)|
|Founder||Dr Rolland-Yves Mauvernay|
Number of employees
|Slogan||We develop for patients|
The group works through its subsidiaries:
- Debiopharm International SA, which in-licenses product candidates or technologies, develops them, and then licenses them to third parties for commercialization;
- Debiopharm Research and Manufacturing SA, which provides contract manufacturing and contract research services to Debiopharm;
- Debiopharm Investment SA, which manages the group's money and invests in real estate and in other companies; and
- Debiopharm Diagnostics SA, which invests in diagnostics companies.
As of 2010 two drugs had reached the market through its efforts: oxaliplatin for the treatment of cancer, and depot formulations of triptorelin, a gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonist that is used to treat prostate cancer and pedophilia in men, and in women, breast cancer, ovarian cancer, endometriosis, uterine fibromyomas, precocious puberty, and female infertility.
- Bloomberg profile: Debiopharm Group. Page accessed May 12, 2016
- Frost & Sullivan Nov 25 2010 Movers & Shakers Interview with Maurice Wagner, Debiopharm Group
- Bloomberg profile: Debiopharm International. Page accessed May 12, 2016
- Bernard Tappy for In Vivo Magazine. 2013 Debiopharm Research and Manufacturing SA.
- Swiss Private Equity & Corporate Finance Association Debiopharm Investment SA Page accessed May 12, 2016
- Bloomberg profile: Debiopharm Diagnostics. Page accessed May 12, 2016
- Press release: Frost & Sullivan Confers European Biopharmaceuticals Company of the Year Award on Debiopharm Group.