|Birth name||Debojit Saha|
|Born||Silchar, Assam, India|
|Genres||Bollywood, Classical, Pop, Rock, Ghazal, Sufi|
|Occupation(s)||Singer, Entertainer, Music Composer, Anchor|
Debojit Saha, born at Silchar, Assam in a Bengali Hindu family, is an Indian Playback singer mainly active in Hindi, Bengali and Assamese films. Debojit Saha was the Winner of Zee TV Singing reality show, Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Challenge 2005 and was awarded 'Voice of India' title. He was an anchor for singing reality show Zee Bangla SaReGaMaPa in the year 2006, 2007 and 2008 and he was also a celebrity contestant on Bigg Boss 2 in 2008 hosted by Shilpa Shetty. Debojit was seen as one of the Grand Juries for Zee TV SaReGaMaPa Lil Champs 2017. Theme song of “Namami Barak” Festival has been composed and conceptualised by Debojit Saha (Hindi and Bengali Version Both), held on 17th to 19th Nov 2017 at silchar, Assam, India)
Saha was placed in Ismail Darbar's "Yalgaar Ho Gharana" in the Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Challenge 2005. On 24 February 2006, he was announced the winner with the title "Voice of India". The competition was based on popular votes. Various organizations like the All Assam Students Union, the North East Students’ Union, the Srimanta Sankardeva Sangha and the Hindu Chatra Parishad campaigned in the Northeast states of India to vote for Saha.
He was one of the 14 contestants in the season 2 of TV reality show Bigg Boss.
|Year||Album Name||Music Label||Language|
|2010||Ei Jibon Nohoi Xuna Bondhu||Encore Entertainment India||Assamese|
|2011||Thik Bela Tin Ghotikai||Asha Audio||Bengali|
|2011||Jodi Moi Kawn||Assamese|
|2016||Tomake Napale||DS Productions||Assamese|
|2017||Tagore for Today
|2017||Tagore for Everyone
Contemporary Hindi Interpretations
- 2007 - "O Mure Jaan" from Junda Iman Gunda.
- 2008 - "Marhaba" from Jimmy
- 2010 - "Happy Ending" from Tees Maar Khan with Abhijeet Sawant, Prajakta Shukre and Harshit Saxena
- 2011 - "Chu Chu" from Saheb, Biwi Aur Gangster
- 2012 - Four songs in Borolar Ghor
- Debojit Saha participated as a celebrity contestant in Bigg Boss 2 in 2008, hosted by Shilpa Shetty and he was there in the house for 69 Days.
- "Debojit Saha gets `Voice of India' title". The Hindu. 26 February 2006. Retrieved 22 August 2014.
- "A lifetime of gratitude". The Telegraph. 6 March 2007. Retrieved 22 August 2014.
- Roy, Priyanka (17 April 2008). "Sing with a smile". The Telegraph. Retrieved 22 August 2014.
- Dutt, Anjan (6 October 2011). "So Brutally Honest". The Telegraph. Retrieved 22 August 2014.
|This article about an Indian singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|