Number of locations
|Revenue||R253 million (2018)|
|R45 million (2018)|
Debonairs Pizza is a South African based pizza restaurant chain franchise founded in 1991 by Craig McKenzie and Andrew Harvey. McKenzie came up with the idea and business model to found the company following a gap-year trip to Los Angeles when he was a student at the University of KwaZulu-Natal. The first restaurants were established in Pietermaritzburg, followed by Umhlanga and then Durban. The chain expanded rapidly and was acquired by Famous Brands in 1999. The company has over 500 restaurants in 14 countries mostly located in Africa including Botswana, Dubai, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, South Africa, Ethiopia, Sudan, Swaziland, Zambia and Angola . The majority of its 546 (2018) restaurants are located in South Africa with 462 restaurants in the country. As of 2018 Debonair Pizza was the largest pizza chain restaurant in South Africa.
- Kruger, Henno (2012-11-27). "10 Facts: Debonairs Pizza". Running Wolf's Rant. Retrieved 2019-03-02.
- "Craig McKenzie (Debonairs)". www.startupgrind.com. Retrieved 2019-03-02.
- Famous Brands (2018). "Famous Brands Integrated Annual Report 2018" (PDF). famousbrands.co.za. Retrieved 2019-03-01.
- "Steers Holdings Limited". Studyingbusiness.co.za. 20 August 2013. Archived from the original on 4 November 2016. Retrieved 4 November 2016.
- "Debonairs Pizza website: INTERNATIONAL RESTAURANTS". www.debonairspizza.co.za. Retrieved 2019-03-02.
- "Roman's Pizza CEO Allegedly Threatens To 'Burn Down' Competitors And 'Go To War' With Them". HuffPost South Africa. 2018-06-08. Retrieved 2019-03-02.