Deborah Borda is the president and chief executive officer of the Los Angeles Philharmonic. She joined the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association as executive director after serving over eight seasons in the same capacity at the New York Philharmonic.
She has previously served as executive director of the Detroit Symphony Orchestra, president and managing director of the Saint Paul Chamber Orchestra, and both general manager and artistic administrator of the San Francisco Symphony.
Borda is the first David C. Bohnett Presidential Chair of the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association. This title stems from a $10 million endowment made by David Bohnett to the LA Phil in 2014, "in honor of Deborah Borda's continuing accomplishments with the Los Angeles Philharmonic."
- "Deborah Borda - LA Phil President and Chief Executive Officer". Philpedia. Los Angeles Philharmonic Association. Archived from the original on 2014-07-18. Retrieved 2014-07-28.
As President and Chief Executive Officer of the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association, Borda...is responsible for the artistic, administrative, and technical operations of the Philharmonic at Walt Disney Concert Hall and the Hollywood Bowl...
- "Drawn to the Music", The New York Times, April 9, 2010
- "Deborah Borda, President and CEO of Los Angeles Philarmonic Association, to be Honored with Bard's Kellogg Award at Bard Music Festival Gala". Bard College. April 23, 2015.
- Scutari, Mike. "What's Behind This New, Massive Give to the LA Philharmonic?". Inside Philanthropy. December 11, 2014.
- "Los Angeles Philharmonic Receives $20 Million Gift for New Initiatives". Broadway World. December 11, 2014.
- Ng, David. "Los Angeles Philharmonic receiving $20-million gift from David Bohnett". Los Angeles Times. December 10, 2014.
- Westphal, Matthew (2007-12-18). "LA Phil Chief Deborah Borda Receives Medal from Univ. of Southern California". Playbill Arts. Playbill, Inc. Archived from the original on 2013-06-03. Retrieved 2014-07-28.
The Thornton School of Music at the University of Southern California has honored Los Angeles Philharmonic CEO Deborah Borda with the John C. Argue Dickens Medal of Honor.
- "A Conversation with Deborah Borda, President of the Los Angeles Philharmonic", Santa Barbara Independent, January 7, 2010, Tom Jacobs
- Performer Details at the Los Angeles Philharmonic Orchestra
- "Culture cash", The Los Angeles Times, April 2, 2006
|This United States musical biography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|