|Born||February 9, 1958|
San Francisco, California, United States
|Education||University of California Davis|
|Occupation||Author, public speaker, alternative medicine practitioner|
|Years active||Since 2000|
Deborah King (born February 9, 1958) is an American author, speaker and attorney. She is the founder and CEO of the Deborah King Center and the author of 4 books including New York Times best-selling Be Your Own Shaman.
Early Life, Education and Legal Career
King began her legal career at the office of the CA Attorney General as a prosecutor in 1973. In 1975, she opened a law firm in South Lake Tahoe, California specializing in hotel acquisitions and sales. In the 90s, the firm moved their headquarters to Westlake Village, CA.
Personal development and public speaking career
King opened the Deborah King Center in 2000 in Westlake Village; the Center focuses on personal development, offers weekly classes, and hosts frequent workshops at the Ojai Valley Inn and Spa as well as at other locations.
King is a frequent guest on national TV, and has appeared on ABC, NBC, CNN and Fox as well as entertainment shows including Showbiz Tonight, Access Hollywood, and E! Entertainment. She has a weekly radio show on Hay House Radio.
King’s online courses are published by Mindvalley, the education technology company that focuses on products of personal development.
Deborah King has published four books in the personal development and self-help fields. The first, Truth Heals: What You Hide Can Hurt You, was published on 15 February 2010 and is a United States bestseller.
On 1 April 2011, King's next book, Be Your Own Shaman: Heal Yourself and Others with 21st-Century Energy Medicine, a New York Times bestseller was published.
Deborah King’s most recent book, Heal Yourself – Heal the World, was published by Simon & Schuster on October 10, 2017.
- (15 February 2010) Truth Heals: What You Hide Can Hurt You. Hay House. ISBN 978-1401923020.
- (1 April 2011) Be Your Own Shaman: Heal Yourself and Others with 21st-Century Energy Medicine. Hay House. ISBN 978-1401930783.
- (17 September 2013) Entangled in Darkness: Seeking the Light. Hay House. ISBN 978-1401938949.
- (10 October 2017) Heal Your Life - Heal the World. Simon & Schuster. ISBN 978-1582705866.
- Alternative Medicine
- List of people in alternative medicine
- Lists of the New York Times Non-Fiction Bestsellers of 2011
- "AVVO Lawyer Directory". Retrieved 10 January 2019.
- "CNN.com - Transcripts". transcripts.cnn.com.
- "Deborah King – Fox News:The Human Body As A Lie Detector". www.expertclick.com. Retrieved 10 January 2019.
- "Hay House Radio - Deborah King Host Profile". www.hayhouseradio.com.
- "National Bestselling Author Deborah King - video dailymotion". Dailymotion. Retrieved 10 January 2019.
- "Hardcover Advice & Misc. Books - Best Sellers - May 1, 2011 - The New York Times". The New York Times.
- "Deborah King columnist profile - HuffPost". www.huffingtonpost.com.
- "Psychology Today Archives". Deborah King. Retrieved 10 January 2019.