Debra Brittain Davenport is an American fashion designer, stylist, career expert and personal branding consultant. Davenport creates luxury women's fashion, cosmetics and educational materials in the areas of career development and image management.
Davenport is the creator of the Certified Professional Mentor(R) designation, the Elements Color Typing System(TM), and the Make-Update(TM) makeover process which incorporates the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator personality assessment.
Fashion and Lifestyle
Davenport began designing garments and home accessories at the age of 14; she launched her design house in 2004. Clients have included celebrities, private customers and retail establishments. The line has been repped by the Paris showroom, Groupe 22V and shown at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in Los Angeles.
Certified Professional Mentor
The Certified Professional Mentor(R) is a career and business development catalyst who assists professionals and entrepreneurs.
Publications and Media
Davenport is also an online career contributor to Video Jug.com. She is the former workplace color expert and national spokesperson for the Panasonic Digital Document Company, and a former contributor to the company's B2B publication.
1. American Idol Jordin Sparks in Debra Davenport Couture. MyLifetime.com.
2. Best Concealers to Buy. TypeF.com.
3. Career Advice for A Careful Coder. VocationVillage.com.
4. Debra Davenport at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week. Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week.
5. Diary of A Mad Fashionista. Diary of A Mad Fashionista.
6. Fun Ways to Beef Up Your Resume. Glassdoor.com.
7. Grammys Are Picture Perfect. SignonSanDiego.com.
8. Grammy Awards Best-Dressed List. Glamour.com.
9. How to Answer Six Common Interview Questions. FreeMoneyFinance.com.
10. Interview Questions: What Are Your Weaknesses?cnn.com
11. Interview Skills. We Help Women.org
12. MarieClaire.co.uk. MarieClaire.co.uk.
13. Office Outside of the Office. Business Beware Radio Show
14. Debra Davenport, Fashion Designer Phoenix Foothills Magazine.
15. Searching for A Job. videojug.com.
Davenport is the founder of the Southwest Fashion District and the Arizona Fashion Chamber of Commerce. Professional memberships include: Academy of Television of Arts and Sciences, Fashion Group International, Association of Image Consultants International and American Communication Association.
- Bolles, R. (2008.) What color is your parachute? Berkeley, CA: Ten Speed Press.
- Davenport, D. (1993.) Career shuffle Phoenix, AZ: Davenport Media.
- Davenport, D. (2006.) "Don't let your job get toxic".
- Davenport, D. (2008.) Analyzing the entrepreneurial psyche
- Gustafson, J. (2003.) Some Leaders Are Born Women! Stories and Strategies for Building the Leader within You Anthem, AZ: Leader Dynamics