Debs and Errol
|Debs & Errol|
Debs & Errol Perform at Lee's Palace
|Origin||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|Genres||parody, singer-songwriter, filk music, geek music|
|Instruments||piano, guitar, ukulele|
|Associated acts||Nerds with Guitars, Kari Maaren, Copy Red Leader|
Deborah Isaac (guitar, ukulele)|
Errol Elumir (piano)
Debs & Errol was a Toronto, Ontario-based comedy, musical duo consisting of Deborah Isaac (on guitar, ukulele) and Errol Elumir (piano). They are known for performing geek music, originals and parodies, including songs about Totoro, Star Wars, Star Trek, Sherlock, and other similar themes.
The band started when a mutual friend asked them separately to be musical acts in a geeky theatre showcase. They decided to pair up and started a website, social media, and T-shirts in one week. They write many songs that are funny and emphasize geeky topics.
Debs & Errol announced their retirement on their website on January 15, 2015.
They often make appearances at pop culture conventions, including performing at the Ottawa Comiccon, being guests of honor at Orycon 35 and the Ohio Valley Filk Festival. They regularly perform at nontraditional music venues such as improv shows and geek theatre showcases.
Debs & Errol have a daily webcomic (except Sundays). Errol said, “That happened by accident, really. I wanted to put out a CD and I thought, foolishly, we could get it done in a short amount of time. Considering I had created the characters for our logo, I decided to do a daily comic so that people could keep coming back every day until the CD was done.” 
Debs & Errol first met through National Novel Writing Month and have been huge supporters of the organization ever since. Since then, they have written a musical about NaNoWriMo, and Errol pens the NaNoToons, the webcomic for NaNoWriMo.
In 2012, they successfully crowdfunded their first CD, ‘‘Songs in the Key of Geek.’’
In 2013, they ran a successful Indiegogo Campaign to raise funds for their EP ‘’CTRL+ALT+DUETS.’’
Albums available on CD
- ‘’Songs in the Key of Geek’’ (April 2012)
- ‘’CTRL+ALT+DUETS’’ (October 2013)
- ‘’NaNoMusical 2012’’ Soundtrack (EP) (November 2012) - Written by Debs & Errol but not performed
- “Top 10 Nerd Songs”, “A Journal Of Musical Things”, August 23, 2012
- “Frozen's ‘Let It Go’ as sung by the cast of Star Trek is a delight”, “iO9”, February 6, 2014
- “Sherlock song 'Locked' shows Debs & Errol aren't locked into one genre”, “Pop Mythology”, March 19, 2014
- "Sci-fi Geek Music Troubadouring with Debs and Errol". Wired.com's Geekdad. Retrieved 25 April 2014.
- “Clip of ‘Geek Love Song’ Played on CBC Here and Now”, March 5, 2012
- “Frozen's 'Let it Go' remade for Star Trek is the best thing of the day”, “thestar.com”, February 7, 2014
- "D&E: Farewell Comic", January 15, 2015[permanent dead link]
- “Ottawa Comiccon”, May 2014
- “Orycon 35”, November 2013
- “OVFF 30”, October 2014
- “My Entertainment World”, April 14, 2012
- “Mooney On Theatre”, April 16, 2012
- “Music Monday: Nerd Band Debs and Errol”, “Almost Nerdy”, May 20, 2013
- “Project 4 Awesome”, December 17, 2012
- “NaNoWriMo Facebook”, December 17, 2012
- “P4A 2012 Indiegogo Campaign”, December, 2012