Debut Video Capture Software
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Operating system||Windows XP and later|
Mac OS X 10.4.4 and later
|Available in||English, Spanish, German, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese|
|Type||video screen capture|
In order to provide users with additional capabilities often required for video editing and presentation, Debut integrates with other software developed by NCH Software such as – VideoPad Video Editor and Movie Maker, Prism Video Converter and Express Burn CD and DVD Burner.
- Main Toolbar consists of options to select the capture method, schedule a recording, find and play recordings, and the ability to configure settings such as frame rate, hot-keys, output destination and format and many more.
- Recording Controls consists of options such as record, pause, stop, sound output, snapshot and the selection window that highlights the area marked for recording such as full screen, a selected area on the screen etc.
- Record As Section allows you configure the output format, encoder options, video options and the ability to add text captions, video effects, watermark and select the area of the screen for recording.
- Preview Area is very large and displays the preview of what is being recorded.
Debut can record video from an external recording device, computer screen, webcam and even streaming video. Toms Guide reviewed Debut as a "one-stop recording tool" as it combines two applications – screen recording and video capture from webcams and external inputs.
Controversy and criticism
NCH Software in the past had an option to download Ask and Chrome Toolbars when downloading any of their applications. These download options were checked by default, and generated malware warnings from companies like McAfee and Norton. NCH software unbundled these toolbars in July 2015, and are now certified safe by anti-virus companies like Norton and McAfee.
A class action law suit was filed against NCH Software in April 2016 relating to security vulnerabilities in the 2015 version of the program. The case was later dismissed.
- http://www.nchsoftware.com/capture/versions.html Debut Video Capture Versions – NCH Software
- Chadwick, Danny. "Debut Video Capture Pro Review – Pros, Cons and Verdict". TopTenReviews. TopTenReviews. Retrieved 5 September 2017.
- Nawrocki, Matthew (May 11, 2012). "Review: NCH Software Debut Video Capture". TechRepublic. TechRepublic. Retrieved 5 September 2017.
- "Debut Video Capture Software" (PDF). NCH Software. Retrieved 5 September 2017.
- "Debut Pro Video Screen Recorder". Download.com. Download.com. Retrieved 5 September 2017.
- "Is NCH Software Safe to Use?". nch.com.au. Retrieved 2017-09-21.
- "Report for nchsoftware.com". Norton Safe Web. Retrieved 2017-09-21.
- "www.nchsoftware.com – Website – McAfee Labs Threat Center". mcafee.com. Retrieved 2017-09-21.
- "Dougherty v. NCH Software, Inc". plainsite.org. PlainSite. Retrieved 19 September 2017.
- https://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/28799-debut-video-capture-problem-with-adobe-acrobat-reader/. Missing or empty