|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2011)|
|Owner(s)||Deccan Chronicle Holdings Limited|
|Editor-in-chief||A. T. Jayanti|
|Headquarters||365, Sarojini Devi Road, Hyderabad, Telangana, India|
|Sister newspapers||Financial Chronicle|
Deccan Chronicle is an Indian English-language daily newspaper. It is published in Hyderabad, India by Deccan Chronicle Holdings Limited. The newspaper's name derives from the originating place, the Deccan regions of India. Deccan Chronicle is also published from Tamil Nadu, Karnataka and Kerala. Supplements are "TV Guide", "Sunday Chronicle", "Hyderabad Chronicle", "Chennai Chronicle", "Bengaluru Chronicle" and "Kerala Chronicle". It also supplies other weekly features like "School Chronicle" and "Teen Chronicle". The newspaper has a total readership of over 10.88 lakhs.
The company started its operations in AP as a partnership concern in 1938. The late Tikkavarapu Chandrashekar Reddy took over the operations in 1976 Mr Reddy subsequently handed over the operations to his two sons T Venkattram Reddy and T Vinayak Ravi Reddy, who have been managing its operations since late 1970s.
The Indian Premier League cricket franchise of the Deccan Chargers was owned by Deccan Chronicle. The Deccan Chargers represented the city of Hyderabad in the Indian Premier League. Gayatri Reddy was the owner of Deccan Chargers. The media group acquired the franchise from IPL auction for $107 million on 24 January 2008. The franchise was terminated by BCCI on 12 October 2012 due to failure of the franchise to provide a bank guarantee of ₹1 billion (US$15 million). This franchise has now been acquired by Sun TV Group and is called Sunrisers Hyderabad known as SRH .
- Financial Chronicle – published by Deccan Chronicle and International Herald Tribune
- List of newspapers in India by circulation
- List of newspapers in the world by circulation
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Deccan Chronicle.|
- "Ms. A.T.Jayanti, chief Editor of Deccan Chronicle lighting the lamp". Deccan Chronicle Sports. 2009. Retrieved 5 November 2011.
- "Deccan Chronicle".
- 100% FDI allowed in facsimile editions. Livemint (14 January 2009). Retrieved on 23 December 2013.
- Influencing strategy: Gayatri Reddy. Livemint (10 March 2013). Retrieved on 23 December 2013.
- biographies of famous people: GAYATRI REDDY-OWNER OF DECCAN CHARGERS. Biographiesofindians.blogspot.in. Retrieved on 23 December 2013.
- Official website
- Deccan Chronicle ePaper (E-Paper – Digital Replica of the newspaper)
- Essay on Deccan Chronicle in Media Mimansa