Deccan College of Engineering and Technology

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Deccan College of Engineering and Technology
Established 1984
Type Technical institute
Chairman Asaduddin Owaisi
Director Dr.M.A.Malik
Undergraduates 2500
Postgraduates 120
Location Hyderabad, Telangana, India
17°23′05″N 78°27′54″E / 17.3846°N 78.4649°E / 17.3846; 78.4649Coordinates: 17°23′05″N 78°27′54″E / 17.3846°N 78.4649°E / 17.3846; 78.4649
Campus Urban
Affiliations Osmania University

The Deccan College of Engineering and Technology (DCET) is a technical institute at Darussalam, Nampally in Hyderabad, India. The college is one of the nine Engineering colleges affiliated to Osmania University in Hyderabad.

Deccan College of Engg and Tech.
Deccan College of Engineering and Technology (DCET)


The college was established in 1984 as a self-financing minority institution by the Darussalam Educational Trust chaired by Sultan Salahuddin Owaisi, a prominent politician and Member of Parliament.


The campus is in the heart of the city at Nampally. The college occupies an area of 66,070 sq ft (6,138 m2) built-in area with adjacent open space of approximate 16 acres (65,000 m2) for further expansion. It has a cricket ground, basketball court and an open theater. It also houses the Deccan School of Management, the AIMIM party office, Etemaad Press Office, Deccan School Of Pharmacy and the Deccan School of Planning and Architecture which was started in the year 2011 with an annual intake of 80 students.[1]


The main objective of this group of institutions is to impart technical knowledge and skill in all aspects to the deserving candidates particularly the Muslim Minority community and promote them to the international standards. The institutions take efforts to develop every student into a well qualified Professional of the future India and also to instill confidence and courage in them to face the challenging world with new vision. Also the institutions intend to make all the students know the fundamental principles so that they can build their research career in the future. The basic objective will be developing R&D in the fundamentals of Science, Engineering & Technology disciplines.

Courses offered[edit]

The institute is consistently ranked among the best in Hyderabad.[citation needed] It offers four-year Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.) degree in the following fields:

For Post Graduation, the institute offers two-year Master of Engineering (M.E.) degree in the following fields:

It also offers a three-year Master's programme in Computer Applications (M.C.A.).


For admission to the first year of the four-year degree course in Engineering, candidates must fulfill the eligibility requirements as prescribed by the government of Andhra Pradesh and Osmania University from time to time. All admissions are made strictly in accordance with the government rules in force at the time. Since it is a Muslim minority college 75% of the seats are reserved for Muslims who appear and qualify in the state-level Engineering and Medical Common Entrance Test (EAMCET). The remaining 25% seats are filled by the College Management.

Admissions to the three-year Master of Computer Applications is made through the Integrated Common Entrance Test (I-CET).


External links[edit]