|This article needs additional or better citations for verification. (September 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Jan Klose (Managing Director)
Mathias Reichert (Managing Director)
Thorsten Lange (Head of Technology)
Timm Schwank (Head of Art)
Lords of the Fallen
Number of employees
Prior to the founding of Deck13, the company's founders had been active in the games market for four years with the company Artex Software which focused on the development of games for RISC OS. After Deck13 Interactive was founded in 2001, the tactical action shooter Stealth Combat was released for Microsoft Windows. The label Artex Software is still being used for the publishing of low budget and special interest games.
In 2005, the humorous adventure game Ankh was released, which was a remake of the 1997 game Ankh: The Tales of Mystery by Artex Software. As the product sold very well and won several awards (especially in Germany), the sequel Ankh: The Heart of Osiris was produced and released almost exactly one year later, reusing elements of the previous title. In August 2007, the adventure game Jack Keane was released which was similar to the Ankh series in terms of graphics and gameplay but which was set in England and colonial India. The third part of the Ankh series, The Battle of the Gods, was released in Germany on November 19, 2007. One of their latest games, the role-playing game called Venetica was released in September 2009 and was the first RPG to be published by the company. Afterwards, Deck13 Interactive was working on Blood Knights, a comic hack and slash for Microsoft Windows and Xbox 360 & PlayStation 3 which was released in 2013.
In 2015 Deck13 Interactive released Lords of the Fallen which was published by CI Games. While a sequel was announced by the publisher, Deck13 Interactive was not named as the developer. Instead the studio is currently working on The Surge for the French publisher Focus Home Interactive.
By the end of August 2016 former Managing Director Florian Stadlbauer left the company and was replaced by Mathias Reichert.
Under the label Deck13
- Ankh (2005)
- Black Sails: The Ghost Ship (2010)
- Blood Knights (2013)
- Haunted (2011)
- Jack Keane (2007)
- Jack Keane and the Fire Within (2013)
- Jade Rousseau: The Fall Of Sant Antonio (2010)
- Lords of the Fallen (2014)
- Luka and the Mysterious Silver Horse (2007)
- Luka and the Lost Treasure (2008)
- Reading the Dead (2010)
- Seven Symbols
- Stealth Combat
- The Surge (2017)
- TransOcean: The Shipping Company (2014)
- TransOcean 2: Rivals (2016)
- Venetica (2010)
Under the label Artex software
- Ankh: The Tales of Mystery
- Botkiller 2
- Carnival Cruise Line Tycoon 2005: Island Hopping
- Ski Resort Tycoon: Deep Powder
- TEK 1608
Under the label Triggerlab
- Stealth Combat (2002)
As a publisher
- "Blood Knights: Launch-Trailer mit Alysa zum heutigen Xbox 360-Release". Retrieved 2016-09-23.
- Purchese, Robert (2015-05-29). "Lords of the Fallen 2 to launch in 2017". Eurogamer. Retrieved 2016-09-23.
- Interactive, Focus Home. "Latest Deck13 game officially announced as The Surge". Focus Home Interactive. Retrieved 2016-09-23.
- Gameswirtschaft (2016-09-01). "Deck 13-Crew segelt künftig ohne Florian Stadlbauer - GamesWirtschaft.de" (in German). Retrieved 2016-09-23.
|This European video game corporation or company-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|