Lamotte Township, Michigan
Lamotte Township, Michigan
|• Total||35.5 sq mi (91.9 km2)|
|• Land||35.5 sq mi (91.9 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||768 ft (234 m)|
|• Density||27.6/sq mi (10.7/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||1626586|
- Decker is an unincorporated community near the center of the township at . The village was named after the Decker family who were prominent in the region. The family also gave their name to the named village of Deckerville, which is also located in Sanilac County, about 15 miles to the east.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the township has a total area of 35.5 square miles (92 km2), all land.
As of the census of 2000, there were 981 people, 356 households, and 274 families residing in the township. The population density was 27.6 per square mile (10.7/km²). There were 384 housing units at an average density of 10.8 per square mile (4.2/km²). The racial makeup of the township was 98.06% White, 0.61% from other races, and 1.33% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 2.04% of the population.
There were 356 households out of which 36.8% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 66.0% were married couples living together, 7.3% had a female householder with no husband present, and 23.0% were non-families. 19.4% of all households were made up of individuals and 7.9% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.75 and the average family size was 3.16.
In the township the population was spread out with 28.0% under the age of 18, 7.6% from 18 to 24, 28.8% from 25 to 44, 20.9% from 45 to 64, and 14.6% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 36 years. For every 100 females, there were 101.0 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 102.3 males.
The median income for a household in the township was $42,614, and the median income for a family was $46,563. Males had a median income of $33,333 versus $21,944 for females. The per capita income for the township was $18,651. About 8.8% of families and 9.0% of the population were below the poverty line, including 11.5% of those under age 18 and 12.8% of those age 65 or over.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Lamotte Township, Michigan
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Decker, Michigan
- Romig, Walter (1986) . Michigan Place Names. Detroit, Michigan: Wayne State University Press. ISBN 0-8143-1838-X.