|Irish name||Déaglan de Brun|
16 June 1978 |
|Height||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
|? 1995-2012||Moyle Rovers|
|Tipperary titles||7 (senior football)
2 (junior hurling)
|Munster titles||1 (junior hurling)|
|1996 - 2007||Tipperary||25|
|**Inter County team apps and scores correct as of (20:47, 13 December 2006 (UTC)).|
Declan Browne (born 16 June 1978) is an Irish Gaelic football player who played at inter-county level for Tipperary for 11 years. He currently plays his club football for Moyle Rovers. He represented Ireland against Australia in the 2003 and 2004 International Rules series.
Browne made his championship debut in 1996 in a Munster championship game against Kerry. Browne received Tipperary's first football All-Star in 1998 when he was picked at corner-forward after leading the Tipperary team to the Munster Football Final. Browne won his second All-Star award in 2003. He has won seven Tipperary Senior Football Championship medals with his club, Moyle Rovers. He won a Munster Minor Football Championship medal in 1995, a Munster and All Ireland Minor Hurling medal in 1996 and a Munster U-21 Hurling medal in 1999 as well as a McGrath Cup medal in 2003 and was awarded the Munster footballer of the year award for that same year. He also won 2 Fitzgibbon Cup medals. Browne captained Tipperary to win the 2005 Tommy Murphy Cup. In 2007, he announced his retirement from the inter-county scene, following Tipperary's defeat by Clare in the Tommy Murphy Cup. During a club championship game, he was held scoreless from play by the great Vinny 'The Cat' Murphy - the only time in Declan's career this has ever happened.
- 7 Tipperary Senior Football Championship 1995 1996 1998 1999 2000 2007 2009
- 2 Tipperary Junior Hurling Championship 1998 2007
- 2 All-Star 1998 2003
- 1 Munster Junior Club Hurling Championship
- 1 Munster Minor Hurling Championship 1996
- 1 All-Ireland Minor Hurling Championship 1996
- 1 Munster Minor Football Championship 1995
- 1 McGrath Cup 2003
- 1 Munster Intermediate Hurling Championship 2000
- 1 All-Ireland Intermediate Hurling Championship 2000
- 1 Tommy Murphy Cup 2005
- 1 Munster Under-21 Hurling Championship 1999
- 2 Fitzgibbon Cup 1999 2000
- "Browne adds gloss finish as Rovers pushed all the way by Aherlow". Irish Independent. 2009-10-26. Retrieved 2010-09-10.
- "O’Keeffe fuming over late, late tackle". Hoganstand.com. 2003-10-22. Retrieved 2010-09-10.
- "McCarthy hails ’super’ Browne". Hoganstand.com. 2005-09-15. Retrieved 2010-09-10.
- "Browne lost hunger for game". Hoganstand.com. 2007-07-10. Retrieved 2010-09-10.
|This Munster Gaelic football biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|