Declan Hughes (writer)
Declan Hughes (born 1963) is an Irish novelist, playwright and screenwriter. He has been Writer-in-Association with the Abbey Theatre in Dublin and Irish Writer Fellow at Trinity College, Dublin. He has written a series of crime novels featuring the Irish-American detective Ed Loy. The name "Loy" is a homage to the character Sam Spade from The Maltese Falcon: a loy is a traditional Irish spade.
His most recent novel is City of Lost Girls (2010), which follows All the Dead Voices (2009), The Price of Blood (2008), The Dying Breed, The Color of Blood (2007) and  The Wrong Kind of Blood (2006).
Hughes lives in Dublin with his wife and two daughters.
- All The Things You Are (2014)
- City of Lost Girls (2010) ISBN 978-0-06-168990-1
- All the Dead Voices (2009) ISBN 978-0-06-168988-8
- Dying Breed (2008) - US title: The Price of Blood ISBN 978-0-06-082551-5
- The Colour of Blood (2007) ISBN 978-0-06-082549-2
- The Wrong Kind of Blood (2006)ISBN 9780060825461
- I Can't Get Started (1990)
- Digging for Fire (1991)
- New Morning (1992)
- Hallowe'en Night (1992)
- Love and a Bottle (1992)
- Twenty Grand (1998)
- Shiver (2003) ISBN 978-0-413-77361-6
- The Last Summer (2012)