Declan McCullagh is an American journalist and columnist for CBSNews.com. He specializes in computer security and privacy issues. He is notable, among other things, for his early involvement with the media interpretation of U.S. presidential candidate Al Gore's statement that he "took the initiative in creating the Internet." McCullagh himself once claimed that "If it's true that Al Gore created the Internet, then I created the 'Al Gore created the Internet' story."
McCullagh has written frequently in defense of libertarianism. He began writing weekly columns for CBSnews.com on economic commentary entitled Other People's Money upon CBS Corporation's acquisition of CNET Networks. In August 2009, McCullagh renamed his column to Taking Liberties, which focuses on "individual rights and liberties, including both civil and economic liberties." He also participated and won $100,000 on the California Lottery's Make Me a Millionaire game show in episode 2002.
- McCullagh, Declan (October 17, 2000). "The Mother of Gore's Invention". Wired News. (wired.com). Retrieved August 1, 2007.
- McCullagh, Declan (June 26, 2009). "EPA May Have Suppressed Report Skeptical Of Global Warming". CBS News. (cbsnews.com). Retrieved June 26, 2009.
- McCullagh, Declan (September 12, 1997). "In Defense of Libertarianism". Wired News. (wired.com). Retrieved September 16, 2008.
- McCullagh, Declan (August 19, 2009). "Welcome To "Taking Liberties"". CBS News. (cbsnews.com). Retrieved August 28, 2009.
- Youtube.com[dead link]
- "Arrest Report - Page 1 of 3". City of Pittsburgh Bureau of Police. December 5, 1994. Retrieved 2013-04-02.
- "Arrest Report - Page 2 of 3". City of Pittsburgh Bureau of Police. December 5, 1994. Retrieved 2013-04-02.
- "Arrest Report - Page 3 of 3". City of Pittsburgh Bureau of Police. December 5, 1994. Retrieved 2013-04-02.
- Scott S. "Records of Declan McCullagh's arrest for domestic violence". School of Computer Science, Carnegie Mellon. Retrieved 2013-04-02.
- Official website
- Taking Liberties, columns by McCullagh (Discontinued)
- Other People's Money, columns by McCullagh (Discontinued)
- CNET News, blog entries and podcast episodes by McCullagh
- @declanm on Twitter
|This article about an American journalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|