Decline involves change over time, for example:
- from previously efficient to inefficient organizational functioning
- from previously rational to non-rational organizational and individual decision-making
- from previously law-abiding to law-violating organizational and individual behavior
- from previously virtuous to iniquitous individual moral behavior
Note: distinguish the noun decline from the adjective obsolete. Decline refers to the degenerating of something (compare obsolescence) whereas obsolete refers to the outdatedness of something or labels something as no longer in use. Decline represents the process of declining, a gradual sinking and wasting away.
- Decline (song), 2017 song by Raye and Mr Eazi
- The Decline punk EP by NOFX.
- The Decline (band) Australian skate punk band from Perth.