Decoria Township, Blue Earth County, Minnesota
|Decoria Township, Minnesota|
|• Total||35.88 sq mi (92.94 km2)|
|• Land||35.87 sq mi (92.89 km2)|
|• Water||0.02 sq mi (0.04 km2)|
|Elevation||1,001 ft (305 m)|
|• Density||31/sq mi (11.9/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||0663938|
Decoria Township was organized in 1867, and named for a Winnebago chieftain.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the township has a total area of 35.88 square miles (92.94 km2), of which 35.87 square miles (92.89 km2) is land and 0.02 square miles (0.04 km2), or 0.05%, is water.
- Mankato Township (north)
- Le Ray Township (northeast)
- McPherson Township (east)
- Medo Township (southeast)
- Beauford Township (south)
- Lyra Township (southwest)
- Rapidan Township (west)
The township includes Decoria Cemetery.
As of the census of 2000, there were 922 people, 329 households, and 273 families residing in the township. The population density was 25.7 people per square mile (9.9/km²). There were 340 housing units at an average density of 9.5/sq mi (3.7/km²). The racial makeup of the township was 99.57% White, 0.11% Asian, 0.11% Pacific Islander, 0.11% from other races, and 0.11% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.98% of the population.
There were 329 households out of which 38.0% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 76.0% were married couples living together, 4.3% had a female householder with no husband present, and 17.0% were non-families. 11.9% of all households were made up of individuals and 6.4% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.80 and the average family size was 3.06.
In the township the population was spread out with 27.3% under the age of 18, 6.2% from 18 to 24, 29.3% from 25 to 44, 25.8% from 45 to 64, and 11.4% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 38 years. For every 100 females there were 110.5 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 106.8 males.
The median income for a household in the township was $52,639, and the median income for a family was $58,250. Males had a median income of $39,464 versus $22,500 for females. The per capita income for the township was $20,996. About 3.0% of families and 2.6% of the population were below the poverty line, including 0.8% of those under age 18 and 7.0% of those age 65 or over.
- United States National Atlas
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States Board on Geographic Names (GNIS)
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Decoria township, Blue Earth County, Minnesota". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved January 17, 2014.
- Upham, Warren (1920). Minnesota Geographic Names: Their Origin and Historic Significance. Minnesota Historical Society. p. 59.