|No. 5 – Free agent|
|Date of birth:||December 8, 1984|
|Place of birth:||Jacksonville, Florida|
|Height:||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Weight:||190 lb (86 kg)|
|High school:||Jacksonville (FL) Ed White|
|NFL Draft:||2006 / Round: 7 / Pick: 236|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2009|
|Career Arena statistics|
|Player stats at ArenaFan.com|
Demetrice A. Webb (born December 8, 1984) is a professional American football defensive back who is currently a free agent. Webb played college football for the University of Florida, and thereafter, he has played professionally for the Jacksonville Jaguars of the National Football League (NFL), the Philadelphia Soul of the AFL, and the Hamilton Tiger-Cats and Toronto Argonauts of the Canadian Football League (CFL).
Webb was born in Jacksonville, Florida. He attended Edward H. White High School in Jacksonville, and played high school football for the Ed White Commanders. Webb was a three-year starter, and was named The Florida Times-Union's player of the year after scoring eight times on defense and also serving as the Commanders' starting quarterback. USA Today named him to its high school All-America team, and Rivals.com ranked him as the number two cornerback prospect in the country.
Webb accepted an athletic scholarship to attend the University of Florida in Gainesville, Florida, where he played for coach Ron Zook and coach Urban Meyer's Florida Gators football teams from 2003 to 2005. As a junior in 2005, he started twelve games at cornerback, led the Southeastern Conference (SEC) in passes defended, and was a first-team All-SEC selection. Webb decided to forgo his senior season, and declared himself eligible for the NFL Draft.
National Football League
The Jacksonville Jaguars selected Webb in the seventh round (236th overall pick) of the 2006 NFL Draft. He played in eleven games with one start during his rookie season in 2006, recording seventeen tackles, one interception, and five special teams tackles. Webb was released by the Jaguars on September 1, 2007 as a training camp cut.
Arena Football League
On December 7, 2007, Webb signed with the Philadelphia Soul of the Arena Football League. During the 2008 AFL season, Webb recorded forty tackles for the Soul who went on to win ArenaBowl XXII. In 2010, Webb signed with the Jacksonville Sharks. He was released by the Sharks on August 4, 2010 in the hope of trying out for the Miami Dolphins of the NFL.
Canadian Football League
On April 27, 2009, Webb signed with the Toronto Argonauts of the Canadian Football League. He was eventually released by the Argonauts during training camp. Webb later signed a practice roster agreement with the Calgary Stampeders. He eventually started one game for the Stampeders, recording 2 defensive tackles. Webb was released by the Stampeders the following season.
On February 14, 2011, Webb re-signed with the Argonauts.
On July 1, 2014, Webb was assigned to the Orlando Predators.
On November 18, 2014, Webb as was assigned to the Las Vegas Outlaws.
- Pro-Football-Reference.com, Players, Dee Webb. Retrieved March 19, 2011.
- databaseFootball.com, Players, Dee Webb Archived 2011-11-21 at the Wayback Machine.. Retrieved March 19, 2011.
- GatorZone.com, Football History, 2005 Roster, Demetrice Webb Archived 2011-10-06 at the Wayback Machine.. Retrieved March 19, 2011.
- 2011 Florida Gators Football Media Guide Archived April 2, 2012, at the Wayback Machine., University Athletic Association, Gainesville, Florida, pp. 85, 97, 136, 186 (2011). Retrieved August 31, 2011.
- Pro Football Hall of Fame, Draft History, 2006 National Football League Draft. Retrieved March 19, 2011.
- National Football League, Historical Players, Dee Webb. Retrieved March 19, 2011.
- Gary Ledman, "Jacksonville Sharks Notebook: Replay is in for Sharks' first-round playoff game," The Florida Times-Union (August 4, 2010). Retrieved March 19, 2011.
- Stamps sign Shell, acquire Webb, release Hefney