Deeksha in 2012
14 February 1990|
|Alma mater||Mayo College Girls School|
|Height||1.7 m (5 ft 7 in)|
Deeksha was born on 14 February 1990 in Haldwani.Since her father was working for ITC Limited and was often transferred, her family has been shifting regularly and living in various parts of India, including Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, Rajasthan, Gujarat and Uttar Pradesh as well as in Kathmandu, Nepal. She finished her nursery and schooling up to third class in Chennai, and enrolled at a college in Mumbai. She attended a boarding school at Mayo College Girls' School, Ajmer. She has one elder sister, who is currently living and working in Mumbai. She cites that she wanted to become an underwater archaeologist.
During her first year at college in 2009, she was spotted by a Femina Miss India contest scout during an NSS event, who persuaded her into modeling and to participate at the beauty pageant. She created a portfolio with the help of a friend of her father, and competed in the contest. In spite of her lack of modeling experience, she was one of the top 10 finalists, winning the Fresh Face title.
During a modeling assignment in Hyderabad, the casting director of the Telugu film Vedam by Krish, had spotted her. She was cast for the role of Pooja, the rich girlfriend of the lead character Cable Raju (portrayed by Allu Arjun), after 70 girls were rejected by the makers, citing that she "loved the script and decided to give it a shot". Vedam, an anthology drama film, opened to high critical acclaim, winning accolades at various award functions. In quick succession, she signed two more films, with the Ravi Teja-starrer Mirapakaay releasing next, which emerged a high commercial success. Two weeks later after Mirapakaay, the action drama Wanted with Gopichand, which constituted her debut as a lead female character, released and ended up as a box office bomb. She has been signed for three more Telugu projects, Rebel alongside Prabhas and Tamanna Bhatia, Nippu opposite Ravi Teja again, and the socio-fantasy film Uu Kodathara? Ulikki Padathara?. She was also roped in for two Tamil films, Suseenthiran's Rajapattai with Vikram, as well as the Silambarasan-starrer Vettai Mannan, scheduled to release in 2013.
|Uu Kodathara? Ulikki Padathara?||Jagadha||Telugu|
|2014||Lekar Hum Deewana Dil||Karishma Kansagara||Hindi|
|The House of The Dead 2||Sophie||Hindi|
- "DEEKSHA SETH – PROFILE".
- "Miss India 2009: Deeksha Seth". Times Of India. Retrieved 11 May 2014.
- "Deeksha Seth turns 22 on Valentine's day". Kolly Talk. 15 February 2012. Retrieved 10 June 2014.
- Bhat, Prashant (5 January 2011). "Deeksha: I'm not insecure". Times of India. India. Retrieved 6 January 2011.
- Deeksha Seth | Vedam Heroine Deeksha Seth | Mirapakay | Femina Miss India Finalist | Video Interview – Video Interviews & Specials. CineGoer.com (1 January 2008). Retrieved on 10 November 2011.
- "I don`t give a damn about rumors". Sify.com (22 July 2011). Retrieved on 10 November 2011.
- Gupta, Rinku (17 August 2011). "Deeksha Seth returns to Chennai". The New Indian Express. India. Retrieved 29 August 2011.[permanent dead link]
- Brahmi terms Deeksha a 'Tolly Katrina' – Telugu Movie News. IndiaGlitz. Retrieved on 10 November 2011.
- Mirapakay completes 100 days – Telugu Movie News. IndiaGlitz. Retrieved on 10 November 2011.
- Mirapakay Collections | Mirapakay Box-office Collections | Ravi Teja | Ramesh Puppala | Harish Shankar | Deeksha Seth | Richa Gangopadhyay. CineGoer.com (21 January 2011). Retrieved on 10 November 2011.
- Narasimham, ML (27 November 2010). "Police drama with a twist". The Hindu. Chennai, India. Retrieved 6 January 2011.
- 'Mogudu' title confirmed for Gopichand's next – Telugu Movie News. IndiaGlitz. Retrieved on 10 November 2011.
- Prabhas with Anushka, Deeksha Seth. Sify.com (16 May 2011). Retrieved on 10 November 2011.
- Deeksha opposite Ravi Teja again. Sify.com (25 May 2011). Retrieved on 10 November 2011.
- Gandharva Mahal gets ready for 'OKUP' – Telugu Movie News. IndiaGlitz. Retrieved on 10 November 2011.
- "Deeksha to begin Kollywood career". The Times Of India. India. 1 March 2011.
- STR zeroes in on Deeksha Seth. Sify.com. Retrieved on 10 November 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Deeksha Seth.|