|Born||18 February 1961|
|Residence||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Alma mater||SVKM's NMIMS|
Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
|Occupation||Managing director of Asit C. Mehta Investment Interrmediates Ltd|
|Spouse(s)||Asit C Mehta|
Deena Mehta (Gujarati: દીના મહેતા) born on 18 February 1961, is an Indian businesswoman, broker, investor, financial adviser, chartered accountant and social activist. She is the managing director and chief executive officer of Asit C. Mehta Investment Interrmediates Ltd. Mehta was one of the first female members of Bombay Stock Exchange, Mumbai, and eventually went on to become its first woman president.
Early life and education
Deena Mehta completed her schooling from Mary Immaculate Girls' High School in Mumbai. A commerce graduate and a chartered accountant, Mehta has a master's degree in management studies (finance) from the SVKM's NMIMS. She also holds a diploma in stock exchange studies from BSE Training Institute and a post graduate diploma in securities law from Government Law College, Mumbai
With her husband Asit Mehta, she set up the Mumbai-based brokerage firm Nucleus Securities in 1986. This firm eventually became the Nucleus Group of Companies. Asit C. Mehta Investment Interrmediates Limited is a part of the Nucleus Group.
Mehta was the first woman director on the board of the Bombay Stock Exchange. She was vice-president for two years and was elected president of the Exchange in 2001. Her tenure lasted a total of six years from April 1996 to March 2002.
Mehta has been a member of the board of directors of the following organizations:
- Cotton Association of India
- Board of Central Depository Services (India) Limited 
- National Payment Corporation of India since August 2011 
Awards and achievements
- First woman president of Bombay stock Exchange in the 125 years of the exchange's existence
- Awarded for outstanding contribution in the field of banking and financial services by Ladies Wing, Indian Merchant Chamber
- Honored by Cosmos Bank for outstanding contribution in the field of finance in December, 2005
- Awarded as outstanding Young Indian in Business Category by Indian Jaycees in 1998
- "The power broker". Times of India. 18 March 2001.
- "Asit C Mehta Financial Serv (ASIT:Mumbai)". Bloomberg. Retrieved 11 February 2018.
- "MoneyControl". Retrieved 12 September 2013.
- "BSEIndia". Retrieved 12 September 2013.
- "Cotton Association of India to launch 1st price index". Retrieved 12 September 2013.
- "NPCI". Retrieved 12 September 2013.
- "Sify Article". Retrieved 12 September 2013.
- "Deena Mehta is first woman to head Bombay Stock Exchange". Rediff.com. 9 March 2001. Retrieved 11 February 2018.
|This Indian business-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|