Deenbandhu Chhotu Ram University of Science and Technology
||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (July 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Chhotu Ram State College of Engineering, Murthal
Founded in memory of Sir Chhotu Ram (1881–1945)
|Founder||Government of Haryana|
|Affiliation||Association of Commonwealth Universities|
|National Board of Accreditation|
|Address||Murthal, Sonipat, Haryana, 131027, India
|Campus||Area 273 acres (1.10 km2)|
Deenbandhu Chhotu Ram University of Science and Technology (DCRUST), formerly Chhotu Ram State College of Engineering, Murthal (CRSCE), is a state university located in Murthal, Sonipat, Haryana, India. It was established in 2006 by an Act of the Government of Haryana, upgrading a 1986 established college.
It was founded in 1986 by the Government of Haryana in memory of Sir Chhotu Ram (1881–1945). It was then known as the Chhotu Ram State College of Engineering, Murthal until the government of Haryana upgraded it to University in 2006. Deenbandhu Chhotu Ram University of Science & Technology, Murthal came into being on 6th November 2006 by upgrading erstwhile Chhotu Ram State College of Engineering, Murthal through an Act 29 of 2006 of the Legislature of the state of Haryana with the vision to facilitate and promote studies and research in emerging areas of higher education with focus on new frontiers of science, engineering, technology, architecture and management studies, humanities, and also to achieve excellence in these and connected fields. The University has been considered eligible for grants under Section 12(B) of UGC Act, 1956 in March, 2009. The University has got affiliating status and the technical and professional College/Institutes located in the District Sonepat have been affiliated to the University. Six B.Tech programmes of the University have also been accredited by National Board of Accreditation (NBA).
The university is located on National Highway No. 44 at a distance of 50 km from I.S.B.T., Delhi and at a distance of 8 km from Sonipat railway station. The sprawling campus of the College has been developed on 273 acres (1.10 km2) of land which falls within the industrial and commercial belt extending from Kundli to Panipat. The site has a strategic location in that it is near the national capital while being in the clean and unpolluted environment of the country side.
|This section does not cite any sources. (July 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- Materials Science & NanoTechnology (MSN)
- Electronics and communication
- Computer Science
- Urban and Rural Planning
- Applied Sciences
- Center of Excellence for Energy and Environment Studies(CEEES)
The university has a small dome shaped canteen constructed left on the way towards the university campus. University also provides free vehicle parking facility to the students, teachers and assistant staff of the university.
University campus has a total of 7 hostels, three for girls and rest 4 for the boys. The capacity of girls hostel is 450 while the boys hostels in all can accommodate 966 students. Each hostel has a common room also known as club that is equipped with LCD TV for audio/visual entertainment of students. It also has mess facility and WiFi facility.
|S.No.||Boys Hostel||Girls Hostel|
|1||K.S. Krishnan Hall (BH-1)||Gargi Hall (GH)|
|2||Chandrashekhar Hall (BH-2)||Kalpana Chawla Hall (KCH)|
|3||Hargobind Khurana Hall (BH-3)||Mother Teresa Hall (MTH)|
|4||Aryabhat Hall (BH-4)|
To promote research in specific domains University has signed up with the following foreign institutions
- Memorandum of Understanding with Ostwestfalen-Lippe University of Applied Sciences for research in the field of applied sciences under which the students studying in the DCRUST can use the research facilities of HOL university.
- Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Tampere University of Technology
- State University of Performing And Visual Arts
- State Institute of Film and Television
- AICTE (AICTE)
- National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC)
- Association of Indian Universities (AIU)
- List of universities in India
- "About University". dcrustm.org. Retrieved 31 July 2011.
- "Hostel Facilities". dcrustm.ac.in. Retrieved March 20, 2013.
- "Deenbandhu University collaborates with German University". indiancolleges.com. Retrieved 2012-07-30.
- "Deenbandhu Chhotu Ram University in student exchange collaboration with Germany's HOL varsity". The Times Of India. Retrieved 2012-07-30.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Deenbandhu Chhotu Ram University Of Science And Technology.|