|Headquarters||Malvern, Worcestershire, UK|
|Robin King (CEO)
Simon Wiseman (CTO)
|Products||Mail Guard, Web Guard, TransShipment Guard, TransGap, Network Management Guard, File Transfer Guard, Digital Identity Guard, Chat Guard, Minerva Next Generation Data Diode|
Number of employees
|Slogan||Secure Information Sharing Products|
Deep-Secure Limited was formed in December 2009 by a management buy-in of the Specialist Products Division of Clearswift. The buy-in was backed by venture capital firm YFM. The YFM-managed Chandos Fund and British Smaller Companies VCTs 1 and 2 all backed the deal, through which software entrepreneur Richard Beaton became chairman of Deep-Secure with Miles Clee as CEO. The new company set up offices in Reading UK.
In September 2012, Robin King became CEO.
When Deep-Secure was formed it acquired two products from ClearSwift - Bastion and DeepSecure.
- Bastion is an EAL4 evaluated guard platform, originally targeted at the Sun Trusted Solaris 8 operating system. It was later ported to Solaris 10 with Trusted Extensions. The platform exploits the mandatory access control features of the Solaris operating system to provide separate compartments for the different components of the guard.
- DeepSecure is an EAL4 evaluated guard for SMTP and X.400 Email that runs on the Bastion platform.
Since the acquisition, the Bastion and DeepSecure products were merged and their scope widened to cover Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP and HTTPS) for web browsing and web services.
In addition, a Network Management Guard has been created to protect network and security management systems from the networks they monitor and control. This provides a full application level proxy for Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) and Internet Control Message Protocol (ICMP).
Further developments include integrating the guards with third party data diodes to provide high assurance one-way connections that defend against the threat to the integrity of data and availability of services in the protected network.
Minerva is Deep-Secure's Next Generation Data Diode. Minerva is an enhanced diode that allows information to be checked before securely passed in or out of an isolated system whilst protecting against attack from the opposite direction.
Cyber Security Specialist, Deep-Secure Ltd, won the UKCeB Excellence Award For Making Information Sharing Secure for their work on the Signed and Encrypted Email Over The Internet (SEEOTI) project in February 2012.
- "Deep-Secure Ltd". LinkedIn. Retrieved 2012-01-19.
- "Company employees". Linkedin.com. Retrieved 2012-01-19.
- "Companies House".
- "YFM backs Deep-Secure MBI". Growthbusiness.co.uk. 2009-12-21. Retrieved 2012-01-19.
- "YFM Chandos Fund".
- "Deep-Secure recruitment drive attracts Dr Simon Wiseman as Head of Development".
- Beaton takes a stake in Sleek
- Malvern Cyber Valley Initiative
- "DeepSecure at Heart of New NATO Messaging System". Findarticles.com. 2005-01-06. Retrieved 2012-01-19.
- DeepSecure chosen by Australian DoD
- Deep-Secure wins Defence Information Infrastructure order for multiple High Assurance Guards
- Bastion Security Target
- Deep Secure Security Target
- "Meritorious Service Award At TechNet International 2010 For Deep-Secure".
- "Cyber Security Specialist, Deep-Secure Ltd, win UKCeB Excellence Awards for making information sharing secure". Archived from the original on April 5, 2005.
- "Deep-Secure are Winners of the ‘Venture Capital-Backed Management Teams of the Year Award'".