|Deep Creek Hot Springs|
|Location||San Bernardino County, California near the town of Hesperia|
|Deep Creek Hot Springs protected area|
|Governing body||San Bernardino National Forest,|
United States Forest Service
Deep Creek Hot Springs, DCHS, are natural hot springs located in the northern Mojave Desert section of the San Bernardino National Forest, near Hesperia in San Bernardino County, Southern California.
The springs are in the rain shadowed desert foothills of the San Bernardino Mountains on the Deep Creek fork of the Mojave River. They are in a large bouldered riparian zone, surrounded by a rich habitat ecotone of the xeric shrublands—desert chaparral, montane chaparral and piñon-juniper woodlands, and conifer forest plant communities.
Deep Creek Hot Springs, being located next to Deep Creek, provides both hot and cold water locations for clothing optional bathing. The site is managed by the San Bernardino National Forest and is maintained by a volunteer group, the Deep Creek Volunteers. Water from the creek or pools is not advised for consumption. The hot pools contain a rare and sometimes fatal disease called primary amoebic meningoencephalitis. Very high fecal coliform counts are found in the hot springs as well.
The hot springs can be reached via three main hiking routes to reach the Hot Springs. The shortest route is the Bowen Ranch / Freedom Trail, at approximately two miles each way. The Bradford Ridge Path is approximately a 2.6 mile one-way hike from the south. The PCT passes through Deep Creek Hot Springs and can be reached from the Lake Arrowhead area, 6 miles each way.
- "San Bernardino National Forest, Deep Creek Hot Springs". Archived from the original on 2011-07-28. Retrieved 2010-06-10.
- "SDNHM - Arroyo Toad". San Diego Natural History Museum. Archived from the original on 2001-04-13. Retrieved 2011-10-22.
- "Welcome to Deep Creek Volunteers". www.deepcreekvolunteers.com. Retrieved 2019-06-06.
- "USDA - Deep Creek Hot Springs".
- "Directions to Deep Creek Hot Springs - DeepCreekVolunteers.com". www.deepcreekvolunteers.com. Retrieved 2019-06-06.
- "The Best Deep Creek Hot Springs Hike". HikingGuy.com. 2019-06-06. Retrieved 2019-06-06.
- "Deep Creek Hot Springs to PCT". AllTrails.com. Retrieved 2019-06-06.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Deep Creek
- San Bernardino National Forest: official Deep Creek Hot Springs website
- Deep Creek Hot Springs.net Forum
- Deep Creek Hot Springs Yahoo Group forum (Yahoo login required)
- Deep Creek Volunteers
- Deep Creek Hot Springs: location photo gallery
- Deep Creek Hot Springs location photos on Instagram