Deep Ellum station
|DART light rail station|
The station in January, 2012
|Location||450 North Good-Latimer Expressway
Dallas, Texas 75226
|Owned by||Dallas Area Rapid Transit|
Red Line special events
Blue Line special events
Orange Line special events
|Structure type||At grade|
|Opened||September 14, 2009|
Deep Ellum station is a DART Light Rail station located in Dallas, Texas. It is located near the Deep Ellum neighborhood and serves the DART Green Line. The station opened on September 14, 2009 as one of four original stops on the line.
Traveling Man sculptures
Deep Ellum station is also home to a three-part stainless steel sculpture series called The Traveling Man created by Brandon Oldenburg of Deep Ellum's own Reel FX Creative Studios and Brad Oldham of Dallas-based Brad Oldham Inc. The three sculptures are located at different intersections in Deep Ellum. The first is at Good Latimer between Swiss Ave. and Miranda, directly across from the Deep Ellum DART Station. The second is at the corner of Gaston and Good Latimer. The third is at the corner of Good Latimer and Elm St.
- Mosier, Jeff (September 13, 2009). "Dallas rail passengers get sneak preview of new Green Line". The Dallas Morning News.
- DART Green Line Expansion Information.
- Visser, Nancy; Bruce Tomaso (June 9, 2009). "DART hosts riders as it tests span of Green Line project". Dallas Morning News. Retrieved June 9, 2009.
- Dallas Area Rapid Transit. "Deep Ellum Station". Retrieved 27 November 2012.
- Deep Ellum Community Association. "Traveling Man Sculptures". Archived from the original on 14 February 2015. Retrieved 27 November 2012.
|This tram-, streetcar-, or light rail-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Texas train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|