Hargurdeep Saini (Punjabi ਹਰਗੁਣਦੀਪ ਸੈਣੀ), also known as Deep Saini, is a scientist and is a vice-president of University of Toronto. He is also the principal of the University of Canberra campus. Saini was previously the dean of the Faculty of Environment at the University of Waterloo in Waterloo, Ontario.
An alumnus of Punjab Agricultural University in Ludhiana, and later the University of Adelaide, Australia, Saini joined many Indian-origin educationists holding high positions in Canadian universities.
Saini is a noted plant physiologist and is the past president of the Canadian Society of Plant Physiologists and the Federation of Canadian Plant Science Societies, Saini also visited India as part of Ontario Premier Dalton McGuinty's 'Clean Tech Mission to India'.
He is a member of the NSERC's 'Biological Systems and Functions' grant selection panel and the associate editor of the Canadian Journal of Botany (since 2003), and has also served as consulting editor of the Journal of Crop Production (1997–2000).
- Advances in Agronomy, pp ix, Volume 68 By Donald L. Sparks, San Diego [etc.] : Academic Press, cop. 2000.
- Indo-Canadian gets top post in Canada's top university IANS, January 22, 2010, 02.13 pm IST
- "UofT appoints new Vice President and Principal of the University of Toronto Mississauga". Retrieved September 11, 2016.
- Bulletin - American Society of Plant Physiologists, Issue 52, Bethesda, Md. [etc.] American Society of Plant Physiologists.
- Macdonald, Emma (March 9, 2016). "Professor H. Deep Saini will be the next University of Canberra vice chancellor". Retrieved September 11, 2016.
|This article about a Canadian scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|