|Full name||Deepak Chahar|
|Born||7 August 1992|
Agra, Uttar Pradesh, India
|Relations||Rahul Chahar (brother)|
|ODI debut (cap 223)||25 September 2018 v Afghanistan|
|Only T20I (cap 76)||8 July 2018 v England|
|T20I shirt no.||90|
|Domestic team information|
|2011–2015||Chennai Super Kings|
|2016–2017||Rising Pune Supergiants (squad no. 9)|
|2018–||Chennai Super Kings (squad no. 90)|
Source: ESPNcricinfo, 1 April 2019
Deepak Lokandersingh Chahar (born 7 August 1992) is an Indian cricketer who plays for Rajasthan in domestic cricket. He is a right-arm medium-pace bowler and middle-order batsman plays for Chennai Super Kings in the Indian Premier League.
Early life and family
Chahar was born in 1992 in Agra, Uttar Pradesh. His father, Lokendra is retired from the Indian Air Force. He was raised alongside his cousin, fellow cricketer Rahul Chahar who is sometimes referred to as his brother.
He picked up figures of 8/10 on his first-class debut against Hyderabad at Jaipur in the first game of the 2010-11 Ranji Trophy season. Hyderabad were bundled out for 21 runs which is the lowest total ever in Ranji Trophy history. Chahar's impressive swing bowling soon earned him a youth contract with Rajasthan Royals.
In October 2016, he worked with International cricket coaches Ian Pont and Catherine Dalton in Jaipur as part of Rajasthan Cricket's development camp. It was here he made significant improvements to his confidence and control, which has led him to becoming a great Power Play specialist.
In May 2018, he was named in India's Twenty20 International (T20I) squad for the series against England. He made his T20I debut for India on 8 July 2018. In his debut match against England he dismissed Jason Roy. He was also the second bowler after Siddarth Kaul to make his debut in this UK tour. He made his One Day International (ODI) debut for India against Afghanistan on 25 September 2018 during 2018 Asia Cup.
- "Ranji Trophy: After Deepak Chahar, 'doosra' in household as Rahul Chahar takes nine wickets". The Indian Express. 5 November 2018. Retrieved 19 April 2019.
- "Big brother, little brother - The Chahars' India dream". Cricbuzz. 16 December 2016. Retrieved 19 April 2019.
- Acharya, Shayan. "IPL 2019: A brotherly gathering". Sportstar. Retrieved 19 April 2019.
- Debutant routs Hyderabad for lowest Ranji total
- Rajasthan pick four as franchises focus on Ranji final
- "JAIPUR CITY [PG 6] : Ian Pont and Catherine Dalton head the pace bowling camp at RCA". epaper.dnaindia.com. Retrieved 11 April 2019.
- "List of sold and unsold players". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 27 January 2018.
- "Rahane, Ashwin and Karthik to play Deodhar Trophy". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 19 October 2018.
- "Team India Selection: Rahane to Lead Against Afghanistan; Shreyas Iyer, Ambati Rayudu and Siddarth Kaul Included for England ODIs". News18. Retrieved 8 May 2018.
- "3rd T20I, India tour of Ireland and England at Bristol, Jul 8 2018". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 8 July 2018.
- "India vs England: Deepak Chahar makes India debut in third T20I". The Indian Express. 8 July 2018. Retrieved 12 July 2018.
- "5th Match, Super Four, Asia Cup at Dubai, Sep 25 2018". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 25 September 2018.