|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Developer(s)||The DeeperWeb Team|
|Initial release||May 5, 2009|
1.3.3 / December 4, 2011
DeeperWeb is a free metasearch engine for information on the World Wide Web that employs tag cloud techniques for navigating through Google search results. Topic Map methods give results relevant to a specific topic.
On May 5, 2009, The DeeperWeb Team announced a beta release, which received some favorable welcomes. DeeperWeb's concept is based on a research article written by the company founders, which examines the relationship between the core search engines and the Vertical search markets.
Tag Cloud Features
- Tags Tab: Adds (or excludes) a keyword from the original query. Tag Cloud reveals keywords relevant to the search query.
- Phrases Tab: Reveals meaningful phrases in results; clicking the phrase adds it to or excludes it from the search query.
- Sites Tab: Clicking a site in the Tag Cloud brings results from that site only.
- Zones Tab: Searches only in specific top level domains (such as .org .edu or .ca).
Topic Mapping Features
- Answers Search: Searches question-and-answer websites
- Blog Search: Searches blogs.
- Metrics Search: Searches statistics, percentages, market shares, data, tables and graphs.
- Wikipedia Search: Searches Wikipedia.
- Resources Search: Searches technical documents, business reports, white papers and studies.
- News Search: Searches news.