|Owner(s)||Rashtra Deepika Ltd.|
|Editor||Fr. Boby Alex Mannamplackal|
|Founded||15 April 1887|
|Free online archives||epaper|
Deepika, a Malayalam language newspaper, is one of the oldest newspapers published in India. Started in 1887, it is the oldest Malayalam newspaper now in circulation. Deepika publishes editions from Kottayam, Kochi, Kannur, Thrissur, Thiruvananthapuram and Kozhikode.
Deepika was founded in 1887.
In April 1992 an evening edition, Rashtra Deepika, was added to the newspaper group.
In 2007 the Syrian Church sold its holdings of the newspapers.
Deepika completed 125 years of service in 2012. Earmarking this golden lettered milestone, Deepika started various kinds of celebrations. One of the major attractions was the special Cartoon exhibition by Raju Nair was held at Thiruvananthapuram in February. Renowned artist Kanhayi Kunhiraman inaugurated the exhibition. People from all walks of life visited the exhibition hall. Bishop of Neyyattinkara, Rt. Rev. Dr. Vincent Samuel was among many others who visited the exhibition.
- List of Malayalam-language newspapers
- List of Malayalam-language periodicals
- List of newspapers in India
- Reji Joseph Pulluthuruthiyil
- Press Inside Outside
- Encyclopedia of India, Pakistan, and Bangladesh
- Deepika - About Us
- "Rashtradeepika : Malayalam Evening daily". www.zonkerala.com. Retrieved 2018-09-26.
- Reporter, Staff (2012-02-15). "Laughter and thinking in equal doses". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 2018-09-28.
- "Annals of a glorious past - IBNLive". 2014-11-12. Retrieved 2018-09-28.