Deer Creek Township, Madison County, Ohio
|Deer Creek Township, Madison County, Ohio|
Location of Deer Creek Township in Madison County
|• Total||31.0 sq mi (80.2 km2)|
|• Land||30.9 sq mi (80.1 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.1 km2)|
|Elevation||1,010 ft (308 m)|
|• Density||33.3/sq mi (12.9/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086542|
Located in the central part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Monroe Township - north
- Jefferson Township - east
- Fairfield Township - southeast corner
- Union Township - south
- Somerford Township - west
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Madison County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates[permanent dead link] Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- Thomas Baldwin & J. Thomas, A new and complete gazetteer of the United States, Lippincott, Grambo & Co, 1854, Pg. 312
- Bureau of the Census, Thirteenth census of the United States taken in the year 1910, U.S. Government Printing Office, 1913, Pg. 584.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.