Deer Ridge, Calgary
|• Mayor||Naheed Nenshi|
|• Administrative body||Calgary City Council|
|• Councillor||Peter Demong|
|• Total||2.0 km2 (0.8 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1,020 m (3,350 ft)|
|• Average Income||$59,149|
|Website||Deer Ridge Community Association|
Deer Ridge is a residential neighbourhood in the south-east quadrant of Calgary, Alberta. It is located in the Bow River valley, and is bounded to the north by Canyon Meadows Drive, to the east by Deercliff Road and the Bow River, to the south by Deerfield Circle and the community of Deer Run and to the west by Bow Bottom Trail. Fish Creek Provincial Park is located immediately east.
Residents in this community had a median household income of $59,149 in 2000, and there were 17.1% low income residents living in the neighbourhood. As of 2000, 15.2% of the residents were immigrants. A proportion of 10.5% of the buildings were condominiums or apartments, and 36% of the housing was used for renting.
The community is served by Don Bosco Elementary & Junior High school.
- "Calgary Elections". City of Calgary. 2017. Retrieved November 12, 2017.
- City of Calgary (2006). "Deer Ridge Community Statistics" (PDF). Retrieved 2007-05-16.[permanent dead link]
- Calgary Communities (2007). "Deer Ridge Community Association". Archived from the original on 2007-04-25. Retrieved 2007-05-16.
- "2012 Civic Census Results" (PDF). City of Calgary. 2012. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
- "Community Boundaries" (Esri shapefile). City of Calgary. Retrieved February 5, 2013.
- City of Calgary (2004). "Ward 14 Profile" (PDF). Retrieved 2007-05-16.[permanent dead link]
|This Calgary-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|