Deerfield Beach Elementary School
|Deerfield Beach Elementary School|
650 NE 1st St
|School type||Public, Elementary school|
|School district||Broward County Public Schools|
|NCES District ID||1200180|
|NCES School ID||120018000141|
Deerfield Beach Elementary School
|Architect||Thomas D. McLaughlin|
|NRHP reference #||90000319|
|Added to NRHP||16 April 1990|
The Deerfield Beach Elementary School is a historic school in Deerfield Beach, Florida. It is located at 651 Northeast 1st Street. On April 16, 1990, it was added to the U.S. National Register of Historic Places.
Designed by the architectural firm Thomas D. McLaughlin and Associates, and situated on land bought in 1925 by the Broward County Board of Public Instruction for $21,000 the school was built in 1926 and 1927 by the Alfred W. Kimmel Company of Pompano Beach for a cost of $55,000.
Still in use, it is one of the oldest schools in Broward County. It is Deerfield's second school, The first Old Deerfield School is also listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The property for the school was obtained by the Broward County Board of Public Instruction in an exchange with the city of Deerfield Beach for the old school property.
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Broward County Public Schools". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 8 May 2014.
- "Search for Public Schools - School Detail for Deerfield Beach Elementary School". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 8 May 2014.
- National Park Service (9 July 2010). "National Register Information System – Deerfield Beach Elementary School (#90000319)". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- Bigger, Margaret S.; Walton, R. Douglas (10 January 1990). "National Register of Historic Places Inventory/Nomination: Deerfield Beach Elementary School" (pdf). National Park Service."Accompanying 11 photos, from 1988" (pdf). National Register of Historic Places Inventory.
- Soler, Eileen; Cohen, Howard (3 October 2010). "Old school". Neighbors Sunday. Miami Herald (Broward ed.). p. 1BE. Retrieved 25 November 2018 – via NewsBank. (Subscription required (help)).
- Roesch, Brian (November 2002). Another Sixth Sense: The Fort Lauderdale Story. iUniverse. pp. 143–4. ISBN 978-0-595-25076-9.
- Willson, Elizabeth (10 January 1985). "Boundary exemption is sought \ Deerfield Beach may bypass black school". Broward. Miami Herald (Broward ed.). p. 1BR – via NewsBank. (Subscription required (help)).
- Allen, Dale; Capone, Rick (2000). Deerfield Beach. Arcadia Publishing. p. 119. ISBN 978-0-7385-0646-3.
- Delgado, Berta (16 March 1996). "The way we were - At age 70, elementary school looks back". Local. Sun-Sentinel (Final ed.). p. 1B – via NewsBank. (Subscription required (help)).
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Deerfield Beach Elementary School.|
- Official website
- "Deerfield Beach Elementary School". at Broward County's list of NRHP sites.
- Deerfield Beach Elementary School at the Wayback Machine (archived 2007-03-10) Florida Heritage Tourism Interactive Catalog
|This article about a property in Broward County, Florida on the National Register of Historic Places is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Florida school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|