Deerfield Township, Morgan County, Ohio
|Deerfield Township, Morgan County, Ohio|
One of the township's few farms
Location of Deerfield Township in Morgan County
|• Total||33.0 sq mi (85.5 km2)|
|• Land||33.0 sq mi (85.4 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.1 km2)|
|Elevation||1,001 ft (305 m)|
|• Density||24.3/sq mi (9.4/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086686|
Located in the northwestern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- York Township - north
- Bloom Township - northeast
- Malta Township - east
- Union Township - south
- Monroe Township, Perry County - southwest corner
- Bearfield Township, Perry County - west
No municipalities are located in Deerfield Township.
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
As of 2007, the trustees are Casey Clemens, Paul Hinkle, and Terry Nelson, and the clerk is Phyllis Reed.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Morgan County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.
- Deerfield Twp., Morgan County. Accessed 2007-07-02.
- 'The Legislative Manual of the State of Wisconsin 1870,' Biographical Sketch of C. M. Butt, pg. 356