Deerfield Township, Ross County, Ohio
|Deerfield Township, Ross County, Ohio|
Location of Deerfield Township in Ross County
|• Total||30.8 sq mi (79.7 km2)|
|• Land||30.8 sq mi (79.7 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||732 ft (223 m)|
|• Density||35.6/sq mi (13.7/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086894|
Deerfield Township is one of the sixteen townships of Ross County, Ohio, United States. The 2000 census found 1,096 people in the township, 580 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the northwestern corner of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Perry Township, Pickaway County - north, west of Deer Creek Township
- Deer Creek Township, Pickaway County - north, east of Perry Township
- Wayne Township, Pickaway County - northeast
- Union Township - southeast
- Concord Township - southwest
- Wayne Township, Fayette County - west
- Marion Township, Fayette County - northwest corner
The village of Clarksburg is located in northern Deerfield Township.
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Ross County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates[permanent dead link] Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.