This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Planning agency||Municipal Corporation of Delhi|
Defence Colony is an affluent locality situated in central South Delhi, India, built in 1960s for ex-defence service people. Today, Defence Colony market is home to around twenty restaurants and coffee shops, besides high-end shops. 
Besides its central location from most parts of the city of Delhi, the locality is immensely popular among all Delhiites for the exotic varieties of cuisines that it has on offer. There are many restaurants in Defence Colony. 
Defence Colony Welfare Association Club, commonly referred as Defence Colony Club was established in 1976 as Defence Colony Ex. Services Institute, however it was renamed in 1980, and functions under the Defence Colony Welfare Association.
Close to the main Defence Colony market inside a round about, stands the octagonal tomb of Shaikh Ali, known as "Gumti of Shaikh Ali". Built in the 15th-century Lodhi dynasty-era, near the historic area of Kotla Mubarakpur, it housed two graves inside the tomb till early 20th-century, which are now long gone. The tomb houses the Defence Colony Welfare Association (DCWA) office, since 1960.
Defence Colony is accessible by means of public transport including autos, taxis, buses as well as the Delhi Metro, which commenced services adjacent to the area in October 2010. Thus, if you are looking to get to Defence Colony by the Delhi Metro, hop off at the Lajpat Nagar station and cross the road using the overhead bridge as Defence Colony is on the opposite side of the road.
- South Delhi Public School, a senior secondary school affiliated with the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) 
Dr RadhaKrishan International School in C Block.
- "South Delhi's property prices down by 20-35%, Defence Colony and Vasant Vihar worst hit". The Economic Times. Sep 10, 2013. Retrieved 2013-09-24.
- Onkar Singh (2005). Indian ex-servicemen. Krishna Prakashan Media. pp. 108–. ISBN 978-81-7933-175-0.
- The Rough Guide to India. Rough Guides. 2003. pp. 125–. ISBN 978-1-84353-089-3. Retrieved 24 September 2013.
- Vir Sanghvi (August 31, 2013). "Rude Food: in the food lanes of Delhi". Hindustan Times. Archived from the original on 2013-09-30. Retrieved 2013-09-24.
- "Pin Code of Defence Colony Delhi". citypincode.in. Retrieved 2014-03-09.
- "Defence Colony Restaurants". Zomato- Order Food Online. Retrieved 24 April 2016.
- "About Club". Defence Colony Welfare Association Club. Archived from the original on 2013-09-27. Retrieved 2013-09-24.
- "Colony welfare office in Lodi-era tomb". Hindustan Times. June 8, 2013. Archived from the original on 2013-09-30. Retrieved 2013-09-24.
- "Present Condition of Gumti of Shaikh Ali at Defence Colony market round about". Government of Delhi. Retrieved 2013-09-24.
- "List of School Recognised by Delhi Government". Retrieved 30 July 2015.