Defendant, Stand Up!
|Defendant, Stand Up!|
Italian theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Mario Mattoli|
|Produced by||Eugenio Fontana|
|Written by||Anacleto Francini|
|Starring||Erminio Macario |
|Music by||Vittorio Mascheroni |
|Edited by||Fernando Tropea|
|Distributed by||Consorzio Italiano Noleggiatori Filmi|
Defendant, Stand Up! (Italian: Imputato, alzatevi!) is a 1939 Italian comedy film directed by Mario Mattoli and starring Erminio Macario, Ernesto Almirante and Greta Gonda. It was shown as part of a retrospective on Italian comedy at the 67th Venice International Film Festival.
Italy, late 1930s. Cipriano, nurse and handyman in the pediatric clinic of a doctor his foster brother, is wrongly accused of having committed a murder. The process, however, proves his innocence, and Cipriano become so popular as to obtain a theatrical writing for a show that tells the true story of the murder. But the culprit is still there.
- Erminio Macario as Cipriano Duval
- Leila Guarni as Giorgetta
- Ernesto Almirante as André Copersche, il presidente del tribunal
- Greta Gonda as La cantante afona
- Enzo Biliotti as L'avvocato Gaveneau
- Carlo Rizzo as Il medico
- Armando Migliari as Il ladro Vetriolo
- Lola Braccini as La portinaia
- Arturo Bragaglia as Il proprietario del tabarin 'Mariette'
- Felice Romano as Il commissario
- Lauro Gazzolo as L'uomo dagli schiaffi
- Ernesto G. Laura. Comedy Italian Style. A.N.I.C.A., 1981.
|This article related to an Italian comedy film of the 1930s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|