Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up defense or defence in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Defense or defence may refer to:
Tactics and strategy
- Defense (military)
- Self-defense, the use of force to defend oneself
- Civil defense, the organizing of civilians to deal with enemy attacks
- Defense (sports), the action of preventing an opponent from scoring
Politics and economics
- National security
- International security
- Defense industry
Concepts in law
- Defense of a doctoral thesis, also called viva voce; see dissertation
- HMS Defence, Royal Navy ships of this name
- La Défense, a business district in Paris
- The Grande Arche, commonly known as Arche de la Défense, near Paris
- DeFence, an art project
- Haganah (Hebrew for "The Defence"), a paramilitary organization in British Palestine
- Defence mechanisms, in psychology
- A chess opening by Black
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Defense|
- Biological defense (disambiguation)
- All pages beginning with "Defense"
- All pages beginning with "Defence"
- All pages beginning with "Defensive"
- All pages with a title containing Defense
- All pages with a title containing Defence
- All pages with a title containing Defensive
- Defender (disambiguation)
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Defense.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.