|Owner(s)||Defense News Media Group|
Defense News is a global newsweekly on politics, business and technology of defense. Defense News serves an audience of senior military, government and industry decision-makers throughout the world. 
Defense News is published by the Defense News Media Group, a unit of Sightline Media Group, which was once a part of Gannett Company. Sightline Media Group was sold to Los Angeles based private equity firm Regent Companies in 2016 by TEGNA. . 
Defense News and Washington D.C. CBS affiliate WUSA 9 created a weekly TV program called This Week in Defense News with Vago Muradian, which first aired on March 2, 2008. The show centers on international defense and military issues.
- "Help - About - Defense News". Defense News. Retrieved 2008-12-09.
- "Army Times Publishing Company, Inc.". Army Times Publishing Company. Retrieved 2008-12-09.
- May 2014 Gannett Press Release
- Interview: Brad Peniston of Defense News talks about Blogs and their impact on Defense News web site
- "WUSA Teams Up with Weekly Defense News". Broadcasting & Cable. 2008-01-28. Retrieved 2008-12-09.
- This Week In Defense News television show's web site