Cover of Defense News from April 3, 2017
|Owner(s)||Sightline Media Group|
Defense News is a global website and magazine about politics, business and technology of defense. Defense News serves an audience of senior military, government and industry decision-makers throughout the world.
Defense News is published by the Defense News Media Group, a unit of Sightline Media Group, which was once a part of Gannett Company. Sightline Media Group was sold to Los Angeles-based private equity firm Regent in 2016 by TEGNA.
Defense News has a weekly television show that centers on international defense and military issues. It first aired March 2, 2008, as This Week in Defense News with Vago Muradian on WUSA 9, a Washington, D.C., CBS affiliate. It initially aired on ABC 7 WJLA and the Armed Forces Network. On April 3, 2017, Sightline announced the show would move to WETA-TV and be renamed Defense News Weekly, with two co-hosts: Jill Aitoro, Defense News executive editor; and Tony Lombardo, executive editor of Military Times, another Sightline brand.
Current employees include:
- Jill Aitoro, executive editor
- Aaron Mehta, associate editor/Pentagon
- Joe Gould, Congress reporter
- Jen Judson, land warfare reporter
- Valerie Insinna, air warfare reporter
- "Defense News". Retrieved 2017-03-06.
- "Help - About - Defense News". Defense News. Retrieved 2008-12-09.[permanent dead link]
- "Army Times Publishing Company, Inc". Army Times Publishing Company. Retrieved 2008-12-09.
- May 2014 Gannett Press Release
- "Interview: Brad Peniston of Defense News talks about Blogs and their impact on Defense News web site". Archived from the original on 2008-08-19. Retrieved 2008-09-24. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "WUSA Teams Up with Weekly Defense News". Broadcasting & Cable. 2008-01-28. Retrieved 2008-12-09. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Defense News unveils enhancements to TV show". Defense News. Retrieved 4 April 2017.
- "Defense News TV". WETA-TV. Retrieved 4 April 2017.
- "Aitoro named Defense News editor". Defense News. Retrieved 3 April 2017.