|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (October 2015)|
Defense Soap (Product)
Defense Soap is a brand of soap (available in both bar and shower gel forms) created by Guy Sako to prevent outbreaks of skin infection on his wrestling team. Since then the soap has been marketed to wrestlers, Judoka, Jiu-Jitsu practitioners, and Mixed Martial Artists. Both the bar and shower gel versions of this soap are made with tea tree oil and eucalyptus extract, and are triclosan free. The manufacturers claim that Defense soap is effective in preventing MRSA, Staph, Impetigo, Ringworm, and Herpes. Defense Soap has been accepted as the official soap of USA Judo.
Defense barrier foam is a type of barrier cream containing lanolin, aloe vera, jojoba oil, wheat germ extract, and vitamin E. It should be applied to dry skin before practice or competition to all commonly touched areas of the body for best results.
Valerie Worthington of Breaking Muscle tested the shower gel version of Defense Soap and stated that, for people who train in close-quarters combat, it is "great option for keeping them active and skin condition-free".
- Jake McGee (2007-10-17). "Interview With Budovideos". Defensesoap.com. Retrieved 2011-10-26.
- Brendan I. Koerner (August 19, 2007). "A Soap That Goes to the Mat". The New York Times. Retrieved November 17, 2011.
- "Active Ingredients". Defensesoap.com. Retrieved 2011-10-26.
- "USA Judo clean up with Defence Soap sponsorship". SportsPro Media. Retrieved 2011-10-26.
- "Defense Soap | USA Judo". Judo.teamusa.org. Retrieved 2011-10-26.
- Worthington, Valerie. "Defense Soap Shower Gel - The Combat Athlete's Soap". Breaking Muscle. Retrieved November 17, 2011.
- Staff writer (August 28, 2011). "MMAWeekly Radio Weekend Edition: In Depth with Diego Sanchez, UFC 134 & Defense Soap". MMAWeekly. Retrieved November 17, 2011.
|This product article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|